• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Help Wanted with the layout of a Defender Passenger fuse box vintage 1989

educationalist

Big Landy Fan
I am about to put a new dash wiring loom into my project Defender. The loom I have suits vehicles up to 1989, so that I suppose means a Turbo Diesel. The electrics of the Land rover I am fitting it to are originally 1985 vintage.
What I really need to know is the passenger compartment fuse box layout, and which rating of fuse go where. A picture of the decal found inside the fuse box cover would really help up to 1989 / 90 if someone has this year model could you photo the decal and post it please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will this help - from my 1989 110 TD19j

Attachments

• fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 17,188
No the type of fuse box picture I am after is the blade type fitted to early 200tdi's and turbo diesels. Thanks guys but these pictures are same type of fuse box that I an replacing.

The fuse holders on the new loom I have are for blade fuses and the part number of the loom says it fits up to 1989. This I belive is a for a turbo diesel, i just need to know what numbers on the fuse box 1-20 are for what circuits thats why a diagram like that founs on the reverse of the fuse box cover would be a great help. sadlt the ones posted are for an earlier fuse box and so are no help.

is it the fuse values you are after?
or a wiring diagram?
What I am after is a list of fuse values or a picture of the decal found on the inside of the fuse box cover.
I have a rave CD that covers a 300TDI and above, but I now think I am looking for a fuse rating /diagram / decal for a 200TDI. The fuse holder looks like this.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 4,605
No the type of fuse box picture I am after is the blade type fitted to early 200tdi's and turbo diesels. Thanks guys but these pictures are same type of fuse box that I an replacing.

The fuse holders on the new loom I have are for blade fuses and the part number of the loom says it fits up to 1989. This I belive is a for a turbo diesel, i just need to know what numbers on the fuse box 1-20 are for what circuits thats why a diagram like that founs on the reverse of the fuse box cover would be a great help. sadlt the ones posted are for an earlier fuse box and so are no help.

I've got a late '89 TD 110 (which I've had from new) and it came with glass fuses.

What's the part number of the loom you have?

Paul.

I've got a late '89 TD 110 (which I've had from new) and it came with glass fuses.

What's the part number of the loom you have?

Paul.
Part number for the loom PRC8243 this part is from (V)FA424038 according to Land Rover FA reffers to 1989 model year, which is the right year for Tubo diesel. I have posted a couple of photos showing connectors and fuse holder

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry pictures of loom did not upload so here they are.

Attachments

• wert 007 (Medium).jpg
    wert 007 (Medium).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 976
  • wert 008 (Medium).jpg
    wert 008 (Medium).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,196
I've looked at my manuals (paper & electronic) and I don't think I have the specific information.

If you cannot find the information all in one place, I can help you to work it out... for example the blue wire with a pink stripe is the left-hand dipped beam, the blue wire with the black stripe is the right hand one (they should be close together in the box) and they should use 10A (IIRC) fuses.

Unless you have A/C the only fuse values that you need are 5, 10, 15 and 25 amp.

Does this help at all? Let me know if you need more colour codes and values.

This may help. It's from a 1996 Defender manual.

It actually says 7.5 amps for the headlights - but I don't think it's that critical. It should help you to choose fuse values, and the layout of the fuse box may well be the same...

Attachments

• fuses 1996.jpg
    fuses 1996.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,376
Back
Top Bottom