• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

How to start a thread and post a reply.

Big Sandy

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, you want to start a thread (a discussion) about a topic your interested in, or maybe a "how do I?" kind of question.

Look for the "post thread" button, which you can see in the below image, in the top right corner of the section you're viewing. This section in this instance. You can, of course choose other forum sections, Series, Defender, Discovery or even the Torque about it section. Your choice.

Screenshot_20240331-150129.png

Click on the post thread button and you'll get this....

Screenshot_20240331-150155.png

So, you'll give it a title, then type your commentary in the large box.

Once satisfied, click on the post thread button at the bottom. Simples, right?

The attach files button is to use to add the images, like I have in this 'post'.

Okay, you got that sussed. Now you want to respond to somebody else's 'thread'. There is a box at the bottom of every thread for this...type in that and then click the reply button. Look! I'm doing it now!!

Screenshot_20240331-151112.png

And now I click the post reply button, and voila, there you have it!

Yes, there's quote buttons and reply buttons, they have their uses, you'll work it out in time, but this method above will get you started, and that's what it's all about!

There's also the bit where you first navigate to the forum in which you want the thread to appear.

I'm sure it's been said before, but if you're posting a question, at least give the vehicle model, age and engine type/fuel so we've got something to go on.

Back
Top Bottom