• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Instrument Toggle Switch 65SA/SPB200

Can anyone please recommend a decent source of the above switch? Is the Lucas version as good as it get?

TIA

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 21.04.51.png

Put that number in Google SPB200 and you'll get a good idea, a man after my own heart, and at the risk of appearing pompous I wouldn't buy anything else than lucas. I just shop around for the stuff I want and whoever comes up cheapest gets the job,

I'd rather have the Durite version of one of those, unless I could source a NOS.

They can be hit and miss on the cheaper repros though, with the terminals wobbling loose as soon as you touch them!

Is the Lucas version as good as it get?
The Lucas are made in China (could be good quality, could be bad) but at the price they are, how much do you reckon they cost to manufacture, how many corners were cut, and how long will they last?

Dig deep, forgo 5 pints in the pub and buy this NOS Lucas, when Lucas were built to last.

The Lucas are made in China (could be good quality, could be bad) but at the price they are, how much do you reckon they cost to manufacture, how many corners were cut, and how long will they last?

Dig deep, forgo 5 pints in the pub and buy this NOS Lucas, when Lucas were built to last.

Nice find! I think my existing one is Lucas and it doesn't exude quality. Ordered from John Richards - thanks @ericbeaumont!

Those replacement switches are not load rated. You need to use it to trigger the ground of a relay or it'll be short lived. I'd buy some other aftermarket 20A or better rated switch! Look at aftermarket headlight switches, or Lucas pre-orange packaging (red box w/wax paper).

Those replacement switches are not load rated. You need to use it to trigger the ground of a relay or it'll be short lived. I'd buy some other aftermarket 20A or better rated switch! Look at aftermarket headlight switches, or Lucas pre-orange packaging (red box w/wax paper).
Thanks, it’s not being used for headlights, it’s switching an interior light.

Get it wired up fella!
What to? Haha. I have no heater, washers, spotlights, work light, interior lights, hazard lights, nor any really need for them, it's a very basic vehicle :)

I did think about wiring it as "secret" security switch, but it wouldn't handle the current and I don't know what I'm doing with electrics am terrified to disturb the rats next of wiring and barely contained smoke behind the dash...

Back
Top Bottom