• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Instrument Toggle Switch 65SA/SPB200

I’ve got my coil via a switch (+ve) but I used an aftermarket switch after the Lucas one failed intermittently - took me a while to work that out 😡
My existing switch has decided to start working again - typical! At least I'll have a back up when it finally gives up the ghost and gave me an opportunity to detangle some of the wiring behind the dash.

This just arrived - do we think it’s genuine?

IMG_9723.jpeg

do we think it’s genuine?
I looked closer at the photo on John Richards' website and it seems to me that the switch is not in the bag but has been placed on it, so there's no way of knowing the source of the switch. Sending it back, I hope.

This looks better: Scotts call the website an online autojumble, so may be more likely to be NOS; photo shows the switch inside a Lucas red bag printed with Made in the UK. LMS Lichfield had the same SPB200 in a similar red bag, but it's out of stock. Both of these are half the price of JR, and Scotts include economy delivery in the £14.50 cost.

Last edited:
I looked closer at the photo on John Richards' website and it seems to me that the switch is not in the bag but has been placed on it, so there's no way of knowing the source of the switch. Sending it back, I hope.

This looks better: Scotts call the website an online autojumble, so may be more likely to be NOS; photo shows the switch inside a Lucas red bag printed with Made in the UK. LMS Lichfield had the same SPB200 in a similar red bag, but it's out of stock. Both of these are half the price of JR, and Scotts include economy delivery in the £14.50 cost.
The one they've sent me has a hexagonal nut rather than the slotted ring shown in the photo, either way, it's going back.

Thanks for the other links (how do you find them?) :)

Back
Top Bottom