• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Just got the 'new' RR Vogue SE home

roverman65

Trekker
Just got it home...220 mile drive doing 65mph to 75mph and got 41.3mpg...not bad. I haven't worked anything out yet, so tomorrow weather permitting we will be outside with the handbook messing with everything.

Does anyone know if its possible to turn off the deployable side steps? ....they damn near broke my leg today when I opened the door stood too close to the side...could do with turning them to 'request' only if that's a thing.

Attachments

• suv-diesel-37675724619b.jpg
    suv-diesel-37675724619b.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 38
Looks great - is that Loire Blue? I've got the same wheels (Turbines), they're great with Pirelli NCS, hardly any surface noise at all - certainly less than my 'winter' 20" with Pirelli all seasons on. I'll bet that 220 miles went all too quickly too!
You can turn off the auto-deploy for the side-steps and have them just 'on the button' - I'll have a dig around....

Just got it home...220 mile drive doing 65mph to 75mph and got 41.3mpg...not bad. I haven't worked anything out yet, so tomorrow weather permitting we will be outside with the handbook messing with everything.

Does anyone know if its possible to turn off the deployable side steps? ....they damn near broke my leg today when I opened the door stood too close to the side...could do with turning them to 'request' only if that's a thing.
Love it Deployable side steps that sounds like a space shuttle ..Lovely looking RR ..Enjoy .

Looks great - is that Loire Blue? I've got the same wheels (Turbines), they're great with Pirelli NCS, hardly any surface noise at all - certainly less than my 'winter' 20" with Pirelli all seasons on. I'll bet that 220 miles went all too quickly too!
You can turn off the auto-deploy for the side-steps and have them just 'on the button' - I'll have a dig around....
Thanks everso...I am not sure what the colour is called, its a really deep blue. Yes its got new Pirelli's all around, the wheels are lovely with no marks at all. Thanks for looking on the sides steps issue, they look great and would be handy on occasions but in all honesty they are so far a bit of a nuisance :rolleyes:

Love it Deployable side steps that sounds like a space shuttle ..Lovely looking RR ..Enjoy .
Thanks Paul, ...28K miles with LR history and if I have done my sums right it has lost over 70% of its value since it was brand new in late 2017, but it is still like new...even smells like new inside. Its seemed like a bargain to me so thought it was worth the drive to the south coast.

Thanks Paul, ...28K miles with LR history and if I have done my sums right it has lost over 70% of its value since it was brand new in late 2017, but it is still like new...even smells like new inside. Its seemed like a bargain to me so thought it was worth the drive to the south coast.
Absolutely why not life is all about the finest things ..always amazes me how people buy cars like this brand new and a few years later you get it for a fraction of the price ..

Thanks everso...I am not sure what the colour is called, its a really deep blue. Yes its got new Pirelli's all around, the wheels are lovely with no marks at all. Thanks for looking on the sides steps issue, they look great and would be handy on occasions but in all honesty they are so far a bit of a nuisance :rolleyes:
Depending on build, it may be on the touch screen, if not, then this should help
I thought I had the user supplement but I can only find the 2010-12 version. I took the side steps off mine...

Looks lovely mate.
Not at all jealous....

Lovely looking vehicle. I hope it gives you many years/miles of satisfaction.
Impressive MPG as well.I
Is it any different to driving an ex military 90 ;)

Last edited:
Lovely looking vehicle. I hope it gives you many years/miles of satisfaction.
Impressive MPG as well.I
Is it any different to driving an ex military 90 ;)
THanks and god yes its a bit quieter...although believe it or not the Defender was quite comfy...soft suspension made it a comfy ride.

Typical...its chucked it down all day and its going to do the same tomorrow so not going to get chance to play around with it...the wife is in two minds about the side steps now...as that fella in the video says they can be a bit of a nuisance...but they are also quite a nice party trick...decisions decisions. I will put some better photos up when the weather dries up...that photo is off the dealer website.
Not sure if I mentioned it but this one is the 3 litre diesel...I know...I know... but I am hoping this is one the 70% which goes on to never suffer the crank problems...fingers crossed. In the meantime I will keep changing the oil and try to avoid thrashings...don't know if that will help stave off any issues but in my mind it cannot do any harm.

There's not many - if any, 17MY SDV6 issues with cranks, there was a manufacturing change (I don't know the details) in 2016 IIRC.
Personally, I'd make sure it was 'well warmed through' on a regular basis, low temperature, low usage tends to do more harm on any engine. There is a theory that low-down torque is a contributory factor, I can see why, but It's not a theory I fully subscribe to. Anyway, I don't want to divert a thread about your new car into a repository for various musings about the SDV6 - so that'll be my last comment on the subject, in this thread at least.

There's not many - if any, 17MY SDV6 issues with cranks, there was a manufacturing change (I don't know the details) in 2016 IIRC.
Personally, I'd make sure it was 'well warmed through' on a regular basis, low temperature, low usage tends to do more harm on any engine. There is a theory that low-down torque is a contributory factor, I can see why, but It's not a theory I fully subscribe to. Anyway, I don't want to divert a thread about your new car into a repository for various musings about the SDV6 - so that'll be my last comment on the subject, in this thread at least.
Thanks, I wasn.t aware of the changes in 2016 but having said that I did a bit of research on the cranks and most of the problems seemed to blight the earlier cars and I took the view that Land Rover would have probably sought to eliminate the cause...I know a little about the contributing issues...and I agree...its an incredible powerful diesel engine considering its modest 3 litres combined with an unusual crank configuration....so I was planning not to get too over enthusiastic with the throttle...its not a racing car after all...more like Buckingham Palace on wheels ;)

And you got over 46 mpg from your SDv6
That’s very good.
I think the women struggle with the floor height in a Land Rover, hence the need (for them) to have a step to make getting in easier. Personally, I don’t like the look of permanent side steps on Discovery’s and RR’s so ones that fold away ( like yours) sound like a good idea.

Thanks, I wasn.t aware of the changes in 2016 but having said that I did a bit of research on the cranks and most of the problems seemed to blight the earlier cars
But was that because they were in some way faulty or because they will have done higher (on average) mileages.?
and I took the view that Land Rover would have probably sought to eliminate the cause...
One would like to think that, Ive yet to see evidence!
A lot of people reporting crank failure also say they are careful drivers. No way of knowing what they consider careful!
Very regular (between service intervals) oil changes seems to be the way to go...
Good luck. Its a lovely vehicle.

And you got over 46 mpg from your SDv6
That’s very good.
I think the women struggle with the floor height in a Land Rover, hence the need (for them) to have a step to make getting in easier. Personally, I don’t like the look of permanent side steps on Discovery’s and RR’s so ones that fold away ( like yours) sound like a good idea.
Must admit Mick, the side steps was one of the features that attracted us to car (amongst other options) but when they cracked me on the shin as I opened the door...I wondered if they were really worthwhile. Off road with the suspension on full height then they would be a godsend.

Back
Top Bottom