• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Just got the 'new' RR Vogue SE home

Anyone tell me what this little dome thingamabob is under the spare wheel? The reason for asking is that if I need to change the battery I will need to unbolt to get at the battery.

also, rather odd but the spare wheel /tyre is the same design and same size as the road wheels but hasnt been diamond cut/polished like the road wheels...is that how the spare wheels are?

Attachments

• IMG_20240304_105856.jpg
    IMG_20240304_105856.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240304_105846_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240304_105846_HDR.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 22
That's the air suspension compressor, easy enough to move out of the way to change the battery (is the one in the OSR compartment OK?) you also need to should reset the BMS. If you don't, it'll re-learn the capacity eventually.
Despite the look, that's actually a 'space saver' (actually a cost saver, as there's a polystyrene spacer underneath to make room for a full-sized one).

Attachments

• BATTERY REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION.pdf
    494.9 KB · Views: 20
  • AUXILIARY BATTERY REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION.pdf
    155.5 KB · Views: 18
That's the air suspension compressor, easy enough to move out of the way to change the battery (is the one in the OSR compartment OK?) you also need to should reset the BMS. If you don't, it'll re-learn the capacity eventually.
Despite the look, that's actually a 'space saver' (actually a cost saver, as there's a polystyrene spacer underneath to make room for a full-sized one).
The battery is fine atm, just checking around things in case it ever lets me down...is there another battery in the boot osr compartment? I changed the battery on my van recently and connected a compact 12v battery to the leads to keep the systems powered up...I am hoping that would work with this car too?

The spare tyre was the same size, but never thought to check the rim width...it had a new tyre which I got quick-fit to swap onto the OSR wheel as that tyre was a bit worn but still legal...all three of the other tyres were already new so got 4 x new tyres on the road wheels and a part worn on the spare wheel. They are mighty heavy wheels...I looked at the weird 'winching kit' supplied the lift the wheel out and thought nah...and hauled it out instead.

The spare will be the same rolling diameter - otherwise the car would throw all kinds of hissy fits for ABS, suspension etc. the photo above looks like a narrower rim, it could just be the photo though.
There's three options for the secondary battery - a small motorbike type battery for autostop equipped vehicles, a larger (70Ah I think) for cold climate spec. and a capacitor for short-term support during cranking for everything else. pull the OSR boot trim out to reveal the fuse box and all will be evident!.

The spare will be the same rolling diameter - otherwise the car would throw all kinds of hissy fits for ABS, suspension etc. the photo above looks like a narrower rim, it could just be the photo though.
There's three options for the secondary battery - a small motorbike type battery for autostop equipped vehicles, a larger (70Ah I think) for cold climate spec. and a capacitor for short-term support during cranking for everything else. pull the OSR boot trim out to reveal the fuse box and all will be evident!.
Great, thanks for that...luckily I am familiar with capacitors ;) Do you think the trick with the little back-up battery will work?...its a medium sized 12v 20ah motorbike battery....I just clip it on to before disconnection to keep the systems powered.

Yep, should be fine, just connect it to the jump start posts under the bonnet once you have the boot open, ignition off and the interior lights have timed out, that'll minimise and current draw.

Yep, should be fine, just connect it to the jump start posts under the bonnet once you have the boot open, ignition off and the interior lights have timed out, that'll minimise and current draw.
I finally got around to looking at the passenger seat base heater and cooler...well got on my knees in between downpours of rain...I wonder if this is why it isn't working...:oopsy::eek::rolleyes:...looks like I will need to unbolt and flip the seat back and get some soldering practice. Looks like the filter is missing too
IMG_20240406_095914.jpg

I finally got around to looking at the passenger seat base heater and cooler...well got on my knees in between downpours of rain...I wonder if this is why it isn't working...:oopsy::eek::rolleyes:...looks like I will need to unbolt and flip the seat back and get some soldering practice. Looks like the filter is missing too
View attachment 527928
Makes you wonder why that has been messed about with like that ?

Hope it’s not to “rectify” an issue .

Lovely looking car by the way 👍

View attachment 527928
I wonder if there was a tracker or immobiliser previously fitted under there that was removed without much care? it's very odd...

Just a reminder to be very careful when working on seat wiring. People have set off the airbags putting a voltage on the wrong pins...
well that got my attention LOL...I was going to do just that to find the live and earth. ...need some dry weather first

I wonder if there was a tracker or immobiliser previously fitted under there that was removed without much care? it's very odd...
I thought maybe someone had got the hook or their brolly stuck under there and given it a tug...the wire is ripped in two so its had quite a violent pull

Back
Top Bottom