• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Keswick Green vs. RAL

SavingLandy

In Third Gear
Is Keswick Green the same or close to any RAL code?

Attachments

• IMG_3078.jpeg
    IMG_3078.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 18
I think 6009 is the closest, but there will never be an exact match as if you park two Land Rovers painted (theoretically) the same colour together they wont look exactly the same!

The code for Keswick Green is LRC799.
1. If you go to a reputable paint supplier with this they should be able to mix that for you.
2. The other way is to get a paint chip for the supplier to do a colour match on.
3. Failing that borrow a set of RAL colour cards and hold them up to a Keswick painted Defender to get the closest match.
We've used a firm called SuperTune Automotive quite a lot. Nearest branch to you would be in Castle Donington though which is a fair distance from Vale of Belvoir.
Another thread mentioned "RAL codes 6019 & 6021 are close (ish)". I understand the 4 digit RAL code can have say .1 .2 through to .9 behind it - all will be slightly different shades BUT all the same 4 digit code.
Do you actually need a RAL code? With the Land Rover Code can't you just get that mixed?

The code for Keswick Green is LRC799.
1. If you go to a reputable paint supplier with this they should be able to mix that for you.
2. The other way is to get a paint chip for the supplier to do a colour match on.
3. Failing that borrow a set of RAL colour cards and hold them up to a Keswick painted Defender to get the closest match.
We've used a firm called SuperTune Automotive quite a lot. Nearest branch to you would be in Castle Donington though which is a fair distance from Vale of Belvoir.
Another thread mentioned "RAL codes 6019 & 6021 are close (ish)". I understand the 4 digit RAL code can have say .1 .2 through to .9 behind it - all will be slightly different shades BUT all the same 4 digit code.
Do you actually need a RAL code? With the Land Rover Code can't you just get that mixed?
Hi, thanks for the details. I have a RAL swatch and interested what was the closest. If I did respray I’d use the LR code.

Back
Top Bottom