• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

>>> Land Rover Tour 2024 with the Series III through GB. >> Suggestions are welcome. <<<

FBW

Accelerating Away
Hello everyone,

We want to do a Land Rover tour (all Series III) through GB at the end of May/beginning of June 2024. We are still flexible in terms of dates.

Is there a Land Rover meeting or something similar that is a must-attend?

Museums, factories that you can visit (e.g. Morgan in Malvern would be an idea).

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

greetings from Germany
Frank

44561718ei.jpg

Foto: A. Beyer

Last edited:
of course not. We are cosmopolitan. :)
But it is quite conceivable that the V8s are in the majority. :thumbsup:

Very good šŸ‘

Sounds like it will be a great trip!

I'll be driving to England early next year to buy parts but I'm afraid I don't have to time to do it with the Land Rover....

Hello everyone,

We want to do a Land Rover tour (all Series III) through GB at the end of May/beginning of June 2024. We are still flexible in terms of dates.

Is there a Land Rover meeting or something similar that is a must-attend?

Museums, factories that you can visit (e.g. Morgan in Malvern would be an idea).

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

greetings from Germany
Frank

View attachment 435663
Foto: A. Beyer
Dunsfold land rover museum would be great to visit it is based in Surrey ..this is the web page ..
I do believe you have to book because there is always limited spaces ..I havenā€™t been but it is on the to do list .
Think they have over 100 Land Rover vehicles and memorabilia to ponder over ..well worth a visit .
IMG_2705.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2705.jpeg
    IMG_2705.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 16
Dunsfold land rover museum would be great to visit it is based in Surrey

Paul,
Dunsfold has already been noted! :thumbsup:

It would be great if you could combine the tour with a Land Rover meeting.
It doesn't have to be in the south of GB either.

greeting
Frank

...the British Motor Museum in Gaydon is of course also on the agenda.

But the question again, is there no Landy meeting in June/July?
This doesn't have to be a really big event.

greeting
Frank

...the British Motor Museum in Gaydon is of course also on the agenda.

But the question again, is there no Landy meeting in June/July?
This doesn't have to be a really big event.

greeting
Frank
You have the Great British Land Rover show at Newark Show ground on the 24 July .should be a good one .

Hello everyone,

So, now we are a little further along with the planning. We, 5 petrolheads and Land Rover enthusiasts, will arrive in Hull by ferry on Thursday May 30th, 2024.
We all drive Land Rover Series III (!)

We already have a program on the first day and want to spend the night west of Sheffield, in the Peak District National Park area. Does anyone have a hint.

Friday (May 31st) afternoon we drive to the Yorkshire Dales.
Tips are welcome here too.

The rest of the tour takes us south. To the British Motor Museum in Gaydon (June 3). We will probably take a look at Morgan Motors on Tuesday (June 4th).
We continue to Hereford and towards Bristol, past Cheddar to the Haynes Motor Museum.
Then on to Salisbury. We have there on June 5th. have an appointment.

We continue to Dunsfold via the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu.

We want to go there on the morning of June 7th. visit the Dunsfold collection.
Dunsfold Collection is doing a viewing especially for our small group. Although understandable, it's still not cheap.
Would anyone like to join our tour? If there are 10 or 15 of us it's cheap. ;) :whistle:

From there we go to Harwick to the ferry. It will take us back to the continent at night.

Are there any must-see things along the route?

Maybe someone is also interested in meeting us. If that can be set up, I'd be happy to. :thumbsup:

greeting
Frank

sound like a fun trip you could possibly take in some of Salisbury plain if you have time. there must be someone on here who knows the area.

Hello everyone,

So, now we are a little further along with the planning. We, 5 petrolheads and Land Rover enthusiasts, will arrive in Hull by ferry on Thursday May 30th, 2024.
We all drive Land Rover Series III (!)

We already have a program on the first day and want to spend the night west of Sheffield, in the Peak District National Park area. Does anyone have a hint.

Friday (May 31st) afternoon we drive to the Yorkshire Dales.
Tips are welcome here too.

The rest of the tour takes us south. To the British Motor Museum in Gaydon (June 3). We will probably take a look at Morgan Motors on Tuesday (June 4th).
We continue to Hereford and towards Bristol, past Cheddar to the Haynes Motor Museum.
Then on to Salisbury. We have there on June 5th. have an appointment.

We continue to Dunsfold via the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu.

We want to go there on the morning of June 7th. visit the Dunsfold collection.
Dunsfold Collection is doing a viewing especially for our small group. Although understandable, it's still not cheap.
Would anyone like to join our tour? If there are 10 or 15 of us it's cheap. ;) :whistle:

From there we go to Harwick to the ferry. It will take us back to the continent at night.

Are there any must-see things along the route?

Maybe someone is also interested in meeting us. If that can be set up, I'd be happy to. :thumbsup:

greeting
Frank
Hi Frank.
Would love to join you for part of the trip and have been wanting to visit Dunsfold but it will need some looking at for me to get there.
How much notice would you need..?

Hi Frank.
Would love to join you for part of the trip and have been wanting to visit Dunsfold but it will need some looking at for me to get there.
Makes me wonder why Dunsfold donā€™t have more open days to book they sell out very quick ā€¦advised to book early on there site .i would like to go there looks a great day .

Nothing to see or do here in Cornwall so no need to visit here šŸ˜¬....
...and the traffic is shocking.

I have been to Cornwall for many years. Beautiful scenery but the traffic is terrible.

Hi Frank.

Hi mikeau,

Gladly!
I've just asked Dunsfold what we can see. They have around 40 vehicles in the exhibition and the rest in the depot. I once asked if you could also look into the depot.
I think there's still some time to settle things firmly.

greeting Frank

Back
Top Bottom