• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Locating A SORN Series IIA

skyriderover

In Third Gear
So, my dad owned a 1969 Series IIA in the mid-to-late 90s and sold it in 1999. It has since been placed in the possession of multiple owners, but has been SORN since 2015 as the DVLA website says. I'd be interested in seeing if I could save the vehicle, if possible, and if it that is within reason to do so. I am stuck since I can't find out about where the vehicle located, or who has current ownership of it. What is the best thing for me to do?

You cannot find out the current owner's name and address legitimately (none of your business) and risk serious trouble for yourself if you do by non legal means. Whoever owns the vehicle has it SORN for their own reasons. They may well be restoring it and not need you to "save" it.

It was last MOTd in 2011, second attempt, the first attempt a plethora of neglect issues.
Hopefully it's in a shed somewhere, but.....
Unfortunate as it is, it was only sold by my father due to an MOT failure from a middle section of the chassis being unworthy for the road and him not having the means to being able to repair it. And after that, it seems to have been chopped with a 1956 Series 1 chassis, perhaps for building a trialer? Who knows…

p
Unfortunate as it is, it was only sold by my father due to an MOT failure from a middle section of the chassis being unworthy for the road and him not having the means to being able to repair it. And after that, it seems to have been chopped with a 1956 Series 1 chassis, perhaps for building a trialer? Who knows…
Sometimes it's better not to know... 🙄

Back
Top Bottom