• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

LR Sport timing belt

roythebus

Accelerating Away
Looking at getting a 2010 Sport with 3 litre diesel, does this have a timing belt, if so when should it be changed and how much is that likely to cost? Need to know ASAP!

It has 2, the front belt is straightforward and probably 2 hours labour, the rear belt is a pain and by the book needs the body lifting off. However you can do them in place but its really awkward and more difficult than the 2.7 as it needs to be timed also. You could just do the front belt as if the rear fails no engine damage is done, but you will be stranded. I would estimate the job at around £6-700 at an independent. We stopped doing them as your arms/hands get ripped to shreds unless you take the body off.

Luckily the car ended up having the 3.6 litre diesel, so no timing belt involved! I got it for what is probably a sensible price of £4k. I now have n 08 car with lots of new brakes and bits fitted to dispose of! Shame as I've recently spent £4k on that car, all gone to waste.

Back
Top Bottom