• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Mahle Oil Filter.

The Mahle filters made in China were no cheaper than the ones made in Europe.
Mahle probably made better profits.
I would rather buy products made in Uk/Europe so willing to pay a small premium for that.
Cooper oil filters are made in the UK, cost very little more, and are OEM quality, so Im shifting to them.
Oh I’ll have a search for Cooper filters . I like buying stuff made in the UK 👍

Here is the hard reality of filtration. The filtering media is not rocket science. The mesh that creates the structure, is readily available worldwide. The actual media, the paper element of the filter is also readily available. And must meet a specification. The process of manufacturing a spin on filter, or any other filter for the automotive industry is old technology. And if the consumer wants to buy at the best price. Guess where it’s going to be manufactured. Either you’re going to complain about the price, or as in this case, you’re kind of complain about where it manufactured. That same filter manufactured in the United Kingdom or Europe would cost 8 X! But remember, You’re going to save the environment??! You silly fools. Your energy costs are skyrocketing. Why do you think manufacturing is leaving Europe? For low-cost options. The consumer drives it.
Now stop your bitching!
I'd rather pay more, I think 8× is bit much though!!

We should try and keep things made in the UK, if at all possible, that's my thoughts.

Love bitching though lol 😂😂

Changed the oil & filters on bother Peugeots (307 and 406) over the weekend. I had both filters on the shelf, so no idea how long ago I bought them...

IMG_7027.JPG

Back
Top Bottom