• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Maroc Challenge

mikeau

Staff member
Im seriously considering putting in an entry in the TT3 Rookie class;

Just for the experience, not with the intention of winning...

I could pretty much enter with mine as it is but would probably make a few mods.
I guess if you haven’t got a vehicle the price isn’t to bad ..be a great event .defender would suit no end .
Definitely need a snorkel that’s going to play havoc with engine breathing …one life live it as they say 😁

Snorkel is on...

unnamed.jpg

We've tackled those conditions before in Morocco. Im still finding pockets of feshfesh (dust like pink talcum powder) in various places as I work on things!

I might fit a front roll cage... Ive been meaning to anyway as Ive seen some nasty images of Defenders after rolling.
There isnt much strength above the level of the tub! :eek:

I've a list of things to get done already; extended range under seat tank, convert rear brakes to discs, etc etc

Better get on with it... :rolleyes:

Snorkel is on...

View attachment 289191

We've tackled those conditions before in Morocco. Im still finding pockets of feshfesh (dust like pink talcum powder) in various places as I work on things!

I might fit a front roll cage... Ive been meaning to anyway as Ive seen some nasty images of Defenders after rolling.

I've a list of things to get done already; extended range under seat tank, convert rear brakes to discs, etc etc

You could probably fit a full cage with your rack on top it wouldn’t stand that much higher …well prepped ..

Snorkel is on...

View attachment 289191

The thing that struck me watching the video clip you posted was you’d be cleaning the air filter every day with all the sand it’s going to suck in .

I’ll look forward to reading about your adventures - sounds a once in a lifetime opportunity 👍

You could probably fit a full cage with your rack on top it wouldn’t stand that much higher …well prepped ..

I dont think Ive the time and energy to fit a full cage. Or the space.
It would mean stripping out most of the interior, and the cages always take some fettling to fit properly from what Ive read... and Ive already a load of work to get done...
Think it will have to be just the front exterior type and I will try harder not to roll it!!

The thing that struck me watching the video clip you posted was you’d be cleaning the air filter every day with all the sand it’s going to suck in .
Surprisingly, its not as bad as it looks. Ive a raised intake and will fit a better cyclone pre-filter (the type that goes on tractors and excavators etc) and check/change the main filter every day or two depending on conditions.
Im more concerned about my lungs from breathing all the dust that finds its way into the cabin!
I’ll look forward to reading about your adventures - sounds a once in a lifetime opportunity 👍

I'm at the age when any number of things are 'do it now or you probably never will'...

Anyway, Im still mulling it over but Im almost ready to put an entry in...

Just making it clear, than even the external cages would require me to empty the vehicle in order to cut panels and fit supports etc... if I was starting from new with an empty vehicle I might have gone that way, but not now...

Back
Top Bottom