• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

mpg

rubble916

In Second Gear
hi,
i gotta sell my series III after six years of fun with her :( i will be buying a 110 2.5 deisel, i hope. my old SIII has a transit engine in and gives great power and economy, 65mph/30-35mpg. What will a 110 deisel do in comparison?

Mark knows!

He couldn't keep up with the oil in the TD. Left a dollop on the road outside here, bloody Greenpeace kept visiting until it wore away, something about toxic dumping.:rolleyes:

I was under the impresion that the 200TDI was not the best of engines. and am not sure that i want anything extra under the bonnet to worry about (like turbochargers). I take it that there is some soundproofing on coil sprung models, my transit engine makes a lot of noise! i have sound proofed it so i can have a conversation and hear the radio now, but its still loud compared to a deisel car.

200TDi

200TDis are generally thought to be about the best engine going I thought.

Anyway, mine does 29mpg dragging my 110 around and is totally reliable.

I like it.

Will :cool:

Have to agree with the 200Tdi comments. The figures I quoted were for my old N/A diesel engine. I'm now getting 30mpg plus with a 200Tdi fitted and have reached 85.

The 90 is being fitted with a 200Tdi at the moment.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom