• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

My Series 3 insurance has trebled. Is it just me?

Jjc2020

Accelerating Away
No change to policy details, ownership, mileage, address or anything.

In fact its gone from nil no claims bonus as it was new spare car, to 1 years no claims, yet price has gone up from £108, to £300. Policy was with Autonet, but ain't gonna be again.

We live in rural idyll, at the end of our private drive which is 400m long, and the car is kept in a garage. As a 50+ with full no claims on 2 policies, I thought £108 was good, but trebling seems way off.

Is anyone else seeing this insurance treble, or is it just a reminder to never autorenew insurance? Or just avoid autonet.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 15.47.44.png

Is that the same Adrian flux who hiked my 2014 defender premium by over £1000 with no change in circumstances..
I was paying them good money at somewhere between 7&8 hundred.. But the renewal was just silly unreasonable imo..

Yeah I don't think it's so much "my insurance has trebled" as "my renewal quote has trebled", things are as bad as ever despite legislation to try and fix the industry; as others have suggested, shop around. I'm with Lancaster and they're definitely cheap, no idea if they're any good 😅

I suppose the issue in my mind is the landrover by nature is a vehicle that can be modified in so many different ways and in spite of the insurers claiming to offer specific 4x4 vehicle insurance tailored to your needs.. The reality is they haven't a clue how to deal with you if you declare work you have had done..

That aside.. Back to the point.. How can they justify hikes in the order they are imposing..
Insurance is mandatory.. They should be regulated in some way to allow you to insure at a reasonable price.. And not be permitted to hike premiums the way they are..

With heritage and renewed mine last week. Stuck another £3k on the value and even that didn’t change it.

My 18 plate mini however that does about 1,000 miles a year has doubled in the last two years. Even shopping around made no difference.

That aside.. Back to the point.. How can they justify hikes in the order they are imposing..
Insurance is mandatory.. They should be regulated in some way to allow you to insure at a reasonable price.. And not be permitted to hike premiums the way they are..

They don't justify it but in sales meetings they celebrate how many suckers paid the unjustified hikes. And they are regulated, even renewals. All we can say is it would be even worse if they weren't. :mad:

Adrian flux renewal on my Land Rover this year was £15 more so no big deal fully comp 3000 miles £156 ..however my
Van went from £360 to £520 ..nearly 40% more 😡..same company AF ..and no change from last year ..rang them up and basically it is what it is didn’t even try to keep me ..

So rang around and got it for £372 …..pishes me off why there so different and bloody awkward all the time .

They don't justify it but in sales meetings they celebrate how many suckers paid the unjustified hikes. And they are regulated, even renewals. All we can say is it would be even worse if they weren't. :mad:
I didn't know they were regulated in the fashion I'm on about.. Ie the a mount they can charge or hike charges.. Bit like the energy companies I'm on about.. Cause these days most folk look on transport availability as essential.. I

No change to policy details, ownership, mileage, address or anything.

In fact its gone from nil no claims bonus as it was new spare car, to 1 years no claims, yet price has gone up from £108, to £300. Policy was with Autonet, but ain't gonna be again.

We live in rural idyll, at the end of our private drive which is 400m long, and the car is kept in a garage. As a 50+ with full no claims on 2 policies, I thought £108 was good, but trebling seems way off.

Is anyone else seeing this insurance treble, or is it just a reminder to never autorenew insurance? Or just avoid autonet.
Peter Best insurance has always been good to me, around £120 ish.

justify hikes in the order they are imposing
Recent piece in Autoexpress told the story that EU governments regulate those insurance industries, and the UK allows them a free rein.

Other factors & solutions described here: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-i...ive-truth-about-rising-cost-insuring-your-car

Plenty more here: https://www.google.com/search?q=aut...=UTF-8#sbfbu=1&pi=autoexpress insurance rises

Recent piece in Autoexpress told the story that EU governments regulate those insurance industries, and the UK allows them a free rein.

Other factors & solutions described here: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-i...ive-truth-about-rising-cost-insuring-your-car

Plenty more here: https://www.google.com/search?q=autoexpress+insurance+rises&oq=autoexpress+insurance+rises+&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIJCAEQIRgKGKABMgkIAhAhGAoYoAHSAQkyMjU0MGowajeoAhSwAgE&client=ms-android-samsung-gs-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sbfbu=1&pi=autoexpress insurance rises
I've not looked into it in any detail, but I've read your links👍
I can see a lot of the points that are been made but I'm afraid can't go along with most of it.. They should not be allowing most of that to happen..
The last cour of lines in the first article would dtill sum up my general feelings...

"" Underwriters spreading new and unquantified risks across the general insurance market, instead of targeting the source of that risk, seems unfair and unjustified.""

Modern day dick turpins , just ridiculous how can they do this .

Yeah the practices are dire, but the insurers are all losing money as repair bills have gone batshit since people started building cars full of computers.

I guess it's a case of those who won't shop around are subsidising those of us who will?

Back
Top Bottom