• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

National treasures

I recently heard somebody describe a certain Michael Boris de Pfeffel Johnson as a national treasure and wondered when the bar had been lowered to such a subterranean level?
In fairness the only person I have heard describing Alan Carr as a national treasure is, um Alan Carr

He certainly was when he was alive,
i'm fairly sure that a national treasure has to be elderly and alive to qualify,
One generation of treasures leave us and another slips seamlessly into our national phyche to replace them.
There was and will only be one Lemmy.
Rock and Roll as it should be.
Still got tickets for the Hammersmith Odeon to see Motorhead.....obviously postponed now.
Fast Eddy ,Phil(thy animal) Taylor.
And Lemmy. All dead.....the day the music died.

the great man himself with friend,
1g4ocnffv7q31.jpg

I'm putting forward Ian Hislop, his ability to take politicians to task both personally and as editor of Private Eye is immense, and his ability to retain and recall information about hundreds of political figures is truly astounding. To top this all off he's genuinely funny as he does it? All that without actually being a politician, what a top bloke!

I'm putting forward Ian Hislop, his ability to take politicians to task both personally and as editor of Private Eye is immense, and his ability to retain and recall information about hundreds of political figures is truly astounding. To top this all off he's genuinely funny as he does it? All that without actually being a politician, what a top bloke!
Gotta love it when he rips politicians

Back
Top Bottom