• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Newbie - Question on TV problem

duka

In Second Gear
Hi folks,

hopefully someone can put me in the right direction. I've just sold my old 110 Defender & replaced with a 2006 RR. The previous owner had the TV working in the front & back but neither manual or auto-tuning work??

1) there is no small picture
2) auto function doesnt seem to seek
3) manual tuning isn't picking up anything, just background hiss.

any clues/guidance greatly appreciated.
duka

my guess would be that you have an analogue tuner and no analogue signal, might be wrong though, i just dont know when they switched to hybrid tuners.

I thought that initailly to, but it has a digital tuner so I'm confused!! last onwer in essex had it working ok, but I'm in NE Scotland.... I wouldn't have thought that would have made a difference, but the tuning function doesnt seem to work at all. could the previous owner be telling a white lie? is there an easy was to look for where a digital tuner might be fitted/installed?

thanks

I may be wrong but im pretty sure the whole of Scotland has been switched over to digital, if this is the case thats why the tuner isnt working in anologue mode.

I think you have to select between the anologue and digital tuners cant remember how though?

Are you sure its supplied with a hybrid analogue/digital tuner..I hadn`t heard of that for 2006 models.
Good news if it is as I am thinking of changing my `04 for an `07 soon and was assuming I would have to upgrade the tuner myself..hope you are right.
Anyway as said quite a bit of Scotland is now digital although the main population in the West and Glasgow is still receiving analogue..my 322 works fine at the moment in Glasgow but a few weeks ago we stopped oin Stonehaven and no signal..they changed over a few weeks earlier.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom