• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now
Nielsen Spanner Extender

Review Nielsen Spanner Extender

Fulltimedad

Extreme Landy Fan
Fulltimedad submitted a new resource:

Nielsen Spanner Extender - Using the spanner extension

View attachment 526109
First time using this today after struggling with a 30mm AF nut on my campervan suspension , both undoing it and then tightening it back up to lock the two fittings together.

On a large (30mm) spanner it certainly adds a substantial amount of leverage and saved my shoulder . It grips the spanner well and did not slip off. The gaps of the hooks where the spanner fits are large enough for a big spanner.

For an occasional use tool it was worth the ÂŁ15ish...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for reviewing this @Fulltimedad ...I think I'll be getting one.

I took a look on Neilsens own site, where it was actually out of stock, but it was interesting to see that a purchase from Amazon or eBay was actually cheaper than the manufacturers site. Daft!

The spanner extender reminds me of the extended spanner / sockets the guy made for working on his land rovers I watched the other day on Youtube regarding stripping a series gearbox which the Nielsen spanner would have come in handy for him
The video is quite good when he gets going for a novice like me it gave an easy understanding of what's what and how it works if ever I need to have a go.

Back
Top Bottom