• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Opinions on a freelander 2

FhitSlicker

Accelerating Away
Hey all,

At the mow my daughter is running an A class 1.6 merc, but she is a freelance groom doing a lot of running around to farms and stables and generally abusing her car so it's not ideal for what she does, now my question is would you recommend a Freelander 2 for a daily drive and general work horse, I've read the 2 wheel drive TD4 is the one with better reliability which is what she needs, I would be doing the servicing and general repairs (I own a defender so used to doing my own maintenance and repairs)

Are they thirsty fuel wise?, expensive to insure?, expensive to tax? and are they reliable? easy to work on? looking to spend around 5-6k ish with around 100k ish milage on

Every ones thoughts, moans and groans taken into account,

Thanks folks

If you are considering a Freelander 2, I suggest you go for the full 4x4 version.
That will easily traverse the sort of terrain associated with Farms and Stables, in ANY sort of weather.
Also consider the safety advantages of a 4-wheel drive vehicle, PLUS the ability to tow horse boxes and the like.
In general the Freelander 2 is one of the most reliable Land Rover products made.

If you are considering a Freelander 2, I suggest you go for the full 4x4 version.
That will easily traverse the sort of terrain associated with Farms and Stables, in ANY sort of weather.
Also consider the safety advantages of a 4-wheel drive vehicle, PLUS the ability to tow horse boxes and the like.
In general the Freelander 2 is one of the most reliable Land Rover products made.
Ok thanks for that 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom