• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Part found resting on sump guard

Openroad515

In Second Gear
Hi. first post here so hoping you all can help. I was changing the oil on my 2011 FL2 SD4. When removing the sump guard I found Nd a rogue section of what looks like brake line. I have checked everywhere underneath but can't see a logical place for this to have come from. Looking at it, it appears to be snapped off one one end and melted the other. Also, on the under side.ofnthe auto gearbox there are a couple of "holes" and some minor fluid that has leaked out. Can anyone shed any light on what this is, is it important etc etc....pics attached. Thanks in advance....
IMG_20240405_192903.jpg
IMG_20240405_183549.jpg

It looks like plastic so unlikely to be brake line. My initial thought was breather pipe as the rubber end could push into the 'box but I do not recognise the other end with the crimped clip. Unless that was heat resistant wrap. Which didn't !
You could do with a parts manual to identify really.

Back
Top Bottom