• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Poltergeist brakes

spencer

Accelerating Away
Spooky things been happening with my brake pedal.
I've got loads of pressure which, even with new drums and shoes exceeded my expectations. But here's the twist.....
the pedal height (ignoring the spring return) varies in height throughout the working day. What the Hell's going on there then?

If your brakes are not correctly adjusted, then the first pump will go down further, as it has to push the shoes out further than the next time, on which, the shoes are already close to the drum, as it takes a time for the shoes to return. but this only applies if you push the pedal down soon after the first press.

As you have new drums/ shoes they will probably need re adjusting as they settle in.

James

Spencer, sounds like the pedal was adjusted too close in with the stop bolt & now you have ( I suspect ) adjusted it to allow the pedal to "rise". It's now letting the Recuperating seal move to it's correct position.
This will allow a full charge of Brake Fluid to enter instead of a part charge.

Des.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom