• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Purchasing Range Rover Sport Dynamic 3.0d

Livinglife

First Gear
Hi. We are in the process of potentially purchasing a used 2017 RR Sport 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic (50k miles) and read reviews about engine bearing failures. I can not seem to find if this later model is impacted ? So which model years had the issue ? Please can any one shed any light on this question. Much appreciated..

Hi .if you put in engine failure in the search there is a section on different engine problems /failures etc .
Welcome to the forum @Livinglife .🙂
I would say make sure you get some kind of warranty if you can because there not cheap to fix when one goes …
There are a few people on here that have come a cropper ..

You may find this interesting reading.

I just bought a 2017 SDV6 (Sport HSE Dynamic) with 33,000 miles. We just moved to the UK (from Finland, but I'm American) and I needed a car fast. Had a '98 Disco 2 that I loved that was bulletproof, so bought this one. Perhaps I should have read the forums first. :)

Anyway, I'm going to start having the oil tested for metal content when it needs an oil change (it was serviced when I bought it.) At least that way I will see any increase in engine wear and take proactive measures before any failures. I'd encourage any other owners of these engines to do the same so the testing companies can build a database.

Back
Top Bottom