• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Quote of the week...

:) 'holding their feebledrabes with oily hands when going for a pee.'

I have a theory about how mechanics are formed genetically via a similar poor attention to oily hands and appendages....
I wont elaborate more than using the word 'residue' :eek: and pointing out that I'm the 4th generation of mechanic in my family. I also have two sons, both spanner cars and now the grandsons are joining in too !! :D Ep90 clearly does more than oil your gears ! ;)

genuinely, i read it as feelerblades. i thought to myself why would holding feelerblades give them cancer ?

then i noticed it actually said feebledrabes, and still non the wiser :D is drabe regional dialect for gonads ?

hahaha, I have no idea. My mother used to say it when i was little and getting a wash (always a wash at the bathroom sink in a freezing cold bathroom. No shower until I was a teenager) "wash behind your ears and don't forget your feebledrabes" It could be a dialect thing - she's originally from borehamwood (sp?) it sounds more like the sort of nonsense word my Bonpa would have said. (Mother's dad - her mum is Belgian so my maternal parents have always been Nenen and Bonpa - equivalent to granny and grandad/nana and pappy I suppose)

oh yeah, and yes, it means your (male) reproductive paraphenalia

Back
Top Bottom