• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Range Rover Classic

helimadken

Shifting Up
Hi Everyone,

New to this forum.

I am currently restoring a 1987 Range Rover, it is a full rebuild down to a bare chassis and body.

I have a thread over on Landy Zone but have grown a bit weary with a particular member making comments and taking the pi$$. I am probably a bit sensitive but I have a mind not to carry on with the thread as I cant be bothered dealing with the rubbish.

What is this forum like? Landy Zone seems to be full of politics and way out opinions.

Would it be possible for me to pick up my restoration here?

Thanks, Ken

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum.

I am currently restoring a 1987 Range Rover, it is a full rebuild down to a bare chassis and body.

I have a thread over on Landy Zone but have grown a bit weary with a particular member making comments and taking the pi$$. I am probably a bit sensitive but I have a mind not to carry on with the thread as I cant be bothered dealing with the rubbish.

What is this forum like? Landy Zone seems to be full of politics and way out opinions.

Would it be possible for me to pick up my restoration here?

Thanks, Ken
Transfer your vehicle restoration thread here and have done with LZ. That place is a cesspit of crass behaviour and comment that won't be tolerated here.

I had a similar experience. I'm not a fan of bad language or plain stupid replies, I like my humour to be a bit more subtle. I no longer post on LZ. The difference between this forum and LZ is both considerable and surprising. Surely 2 forums about Land Rovers would be the same? Its seems not by a long way.

Welcome to the Forum @helimadken, I'd be really interested to follow your restoration. Can I suggest you start a restoration thread in the Range Rover section of the Forum. Along with the details of your progress don't forget to post lots of photo's.......we like photo's :)

I had a similar experience. I'm not a fan of bad language or plain stupid replies, I like my humour to be a bit more subtle. I no longer post on LZ. The difference between this forum and LZ is both considerable and surprising. Surely 2 forums about Land Rovers would be the same? Its seems not by a long way.
I think we must show thanks to the forum moderators, they have a big and largely unseen role. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much everyone, I am sure this is going to be a better experience for me here.

I will start a fresh thread, I guess I should have posted this in the introductions sections sorry

Snap - LZ is very cliquey, abusive and bad mannered. Moved here a year ago. By and large much politer and some very knowledgeable members willing to offer advice.

Back
Top Bottom