• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Rear door seal replacement

McBeardy

Staff member
As you can see from the photo below, the rear door seal of my Freelander 2 is knackered. It was like this before I got the car and the only big thing going in and out is my dog. I've bought a replacement that's in a single strip.

Does anyone have advice on the best place to put the join or ways to seal the two ends together?

My thoughts are that if the joint goes at the top, it could increase the chances of it leaking. If it goes at the bottom, it's more likely to break.
PXL_20240421_141823849.MP~2.jpg

If it same as door seal you will see a coloured dot in each corner, start here but don't push in to hard.
Leave a little slack on each corner on first placement. When you make the full circuit, chances are it will be to long.
Then push each corner in equally 'losing' the excess. A rubber mallet will help, but go easy.
And double check which way around your current seal is before you start.

Back
Top Bottom