• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now
Rover 3.5 V8 Into A Series III 109

Guide Rover 3.5 V8 Into A Series III 109

Satancom

Staff member
Satancom submitted a new resource:

Rover 3.5 V8 Into A Series III 109 - A DIY Conversion

I fitted a 3.5 Rover V8 into my 109" series III, this article details the modifications I had to do to make it fit and work :) This is assuming you have a complete engine with all ancillaries, or a donor vehicle, and that you intend to keep the series running gear.

Items needed
  • Conversion plate
  • Engine mounts
  • Remote Oil filter
  • Electric Fuel Pump
  • Electric Cooling Fan

Things to be modified/fabricated
  • Passenger foot well/bulkhead
  • V8 Flywheel
  • Spigot...

Read more about this resource...

wow this is just what i joined up for,perfect guide here! many thanks this should help get the sd1 motor mounted into the old diesel girl,are all the adaptor plates same fitment or specific for gearbox?

Too the best of my knowledge there is no difference in the plates. I have used my plate to mount the V8 too a series box and now an LT77 5-sped box. The engine mounts needed packing out as the passenger side manifold hit the chassis. Last year I was doing some work and jacked the engine up and notched the chassis so the manifold had more clearance. I would strongly advise doing this before your final fitment.

I fitted the engine temporarily.. and marked up where everything needed to be cut and should have done the chassis at that point. Its only an issue with 109's as the 88" chassis is slightly different. Again it depends on your manifolds too.

If its any interest too you I am having some more spigot bushes machined at the moment for another forum member, they should be with me next week? £10 delivered :)

Really useful thread, as I'm just about to get my angle grinder out to modify the bulkhead.
Satancom - do you have any more spigot bushes you could sell me? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom