• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Running Sluggish and low power SORTED

Leeshort1

In Second Gear
HI all :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:)IM new to this forum but would just like to share this story with you as it may help someone in need .
I have a 53 reg land rover discovery td5 five speed manual.
i had a problem with it going very sluggish and running like a bag of nail and shaking as you change gears and no power at all to pull. This was sending me mad and had no idea or costs involved .
luckily i found a local garage near me where a friend works and got this diagnosed for free.
the problem was showing that injector two was down . i did suspect it to be a injector to be honest and it looked like the problem. the machnic called land rover and asked for there advise . land rover said it could also just be the injector wire harness . so i made the decision to go ahead and ask for the harnish to be changed only in stead of the injector . i found the part new for 28 quid and next day delivery.
So part changed and now done about eight miles and no problems thank god.

so if you have this problem change the wire loom harness first then see what happens and then try the injector if no look . but there not cheap . :)

Hi Lee and welcome. Thanks very much for sharing your TD5 experience - I'm sure that will come in handy to some other TD5 owner.

Cheers and enjoy your TD5

Dave

Back
Top Bottom