• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Sdv6 engine oil problem

Tinman 007

In Second Gear
Hi there I have a discovery 4 2016 with a problem with the engine oil . My engine oil is filling up with fuel I have done a oil change and the oil leval is still rising after only a few weeks .the oil service indicator tells me I need a service in 600 miles ,the last service was carried out 2500 miles ago.I have no codes showing or any other problems with the truck in fact it runs like a dream,and no smoke from the exhaust.any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Probably a leaking fuel injector. When the car sits parked, fuel is leaking out of the injector into the cylinder. It then seeps past the rings and into the oil. Generally you can figure which one is leaking by pulling them all and letting them sit in plastic cups while still attached to the fuel lines. At that point, you'll probably need to have them all sent out for cleaning/rebuilding. Depending on what they cost it may make more sense to just replace the leaking one.

Back
Top Bottom