• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Serie 2a verification

Edo

In Second Gear
Hi everyone from Dominican Republic

I just found a serie 2a hidden on a old man’s garage, just wanted to check before I buy is a real Land Rover series 2 a

The chassis number is 24402537 and the motor number is 25115213

This is my dream car since I learn how to drive and I was looking for this since I was 16 years old, is not something that you find everyday in Dominican Republic

Note: the chassis number we can not find it only in paper

Thanks for all your help!

Attachments

• 6DE42F31-E020-440B-9971-4854B50A7104.jpeg
    6DE42F31-E020-440B-9971-4854B50A7104.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 6E710C45-993A-4432-9255-91A65B67D3EF.jpeg
    6E710C45-993A-4432-9255-91A65B67D3EF.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 79
  • B630B1E6-B7CC-4D75-A244-7D86C9C7A25C.jpeg
    B630B1E6-B7CC-4D75-A244-7D86C9C7A25C.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 84
First impressions are good, the bulkhead is S2A, the hinges, screen and the engine looks right. Its 52 or more years old so a lot will have been fixed or replaced. There's some original parts - the air intake, throttle linkage that often go missing so that's a good sign too. I think it will come down to the condition of the chassis, if that good and straight and it drives well then it will be decided on price!

First impressions are good, the bulkhead is S2A, the hinges, screen and the engine looks right. Its 52 or more years old so a lot will have been fixed or replaced. There's some original parts - the air intake, throttle linkage that often go missing so that's a good sign too. I think it will come down to the condition of the chassis, if that good and straight and it drives well then it will be decided on price!
The year of fabrication is 1962 that’s what the paper has, the motor is a petro.

Thanks for you answer !!

The owner was explaining me the history it seems it was first bought by a farmer and them this farmer couldn’t drive anymore and them he bought it and now he can not drive (83 years old) and now is my turn until I can not drive !

The price I already negotiated is 10,000 dollars I hope is a good price either way for me is my dream car 😝

I just found a serie 2a hidden on a old man’s garage, just wanted to check before I buy is a real Land Rover series 2 a

This is my dream car since I learn how to drive and I was looking for this since I was 16 years old, is not something that you find everyday in Dominican Republic

She’s stunning from where I’m sitting ,body is nice and straight well done ..welcome to the forum Edo 🙂
i have memories of the Dominican Republic I got married there the first time but your new Land rover has lasted longer than my marriage 🤣🤣

Very nice and welcome to the forum. I am not an expert on S2A or any landy for that matter. Junkie Cyril belongs to me and i have been keeping other forum members entertained for about a year now however here to help if I can.

Very nice and welcome to the forum. I am not an expert on S2A or any landy for that matter. Junkie Cyril belongs to me and i have been keeping other forum members entertained for about a year now however here to help if I can.
You make it sound like a drug addict ..it’s just a Cyril 😏

Welcome , and what a good find ,Did you not know that your dad had this beauty ?.... chuffed for ya x

Welcome , and what a good find ,Did you not know that your dad had this beauty ?.... chuffed for ya x
It was not my dads actually, I was driving on the country side and saw this on a old man’s garage I just start talking to him about the model and if he could sell to me , it was a 82 years old man who couldn’t drive, so we make a deal

Guys!

Do you know we’re I can buy parts here in this side of the world (America), in Dominican Republic I don’t any any options so
I have to order from the internet

Thanks!

If you ordering on Internet, use PA Blanchard UK website or Paddocks they both ship world wide. If it was me work out what you need and place one bigger order, you will save in long run...

Roversnorth in the USA are very good, worth comparing postage from USA and UK. PA Blanchard often have original parts and prices are sensible so it will depend on the postage.

Back
Top Bottom