• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Series 11A front seats and respective mounts

Same. L section about half inch wide, one at each front corner.
Thanks .. looks like i will be making some brackets ..on the positive side paid yarwood leather lots on money for the leather to recover the old seats ... £366... ouch ... but compared to vinyl seats that split after a couple of years... i see it as a bargain ... now what is that old adage "a fool and his money is easily parted "....:)

Interesting, I always heard that from my mother as "a fool and his money are some party"

My seat bases are "sucks hollow tooth" Paddocks, presumably Briptart, and they have a thin wooden strip on the bottom that stops them shifting.

MDF. How standards have slipped.
mine are the old steel backed .. sprung seats .. as too what has been living in them over the twenty years of storage is a different matter .. but the vinyl was shot to pieces and the springs rusted and snapped ... but the springs out of an old mattress and lots of wiring springs together .. and nasty sprung steel wire cutting my hands to bits ..the cuts would put a leopard to shame let alone the local hissing tom cat ... i just hope the old mattress was not a slumberland .. do not what to fall asleep whilst driving ... :rofl:

Do you mean 331818, MM? You will be pleased to hear that NOS are available from Series Parts at £3.42. PN shown on second photo at post 8 above.
Yes thanks for the reply ..the part number 331818 is the stop bracket .. i was wondering what on the actually cushion base goes up against the stop bracket .. the concensus is that an L shaped bracket is fitted to the seat cushion base .. and it goes up against the stop bracket ...

Seat bases and metal work have just arrived. Just waiting for the SS nuts and bolts and then I can start installing. Lots of good info coming in on here, keep it up I shall probably need all of it.:sneaky:

Hi All. Anyone had experience with Heritage-1948 seats. Jargon says they are manufactured in UK. Bit more expensive than Bitpart but not much. Apparently they come with the pivot bolts! What else will I need to fit all three seats? Appreciate any advice.

"Quality Land Rover parts from Exmoor"

Is this coincidence or is there some link up with Exmoor trim?
They are only 9 miles apart according to Gooooogle...

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 10.22.53.png

coincidence or is there some link
I suppose one could ring up and ask; maybe it's a management split, or an experienced worker who set up their own company. Cornwall has two beekeeping suit manufacturers, Sheriff and BBWear; BB was set up by Sheriff's daughter many years ago after a family disagreement.

Both firms make similar suits for a similar £220-280, are the best you can get (mine need a few repairs, but are in use after 15 years). There are Britpart equivalents, but spend £40 and you'll find out why it's so cheap, when the zip jams, heavy material leads to sweating, stitching comes apart and the face mesh collapses on your nose.

Well, I did ring but the answerphone was on; rang Exmoor Trim sales to ask the same question, but no-one answered.
Noticed that the H1948 are a little plumper in the build than the Exmoor.

View attachment 529807View attachment 529808
I've no idea as to the relative level of quality either company may offer but the Heritage seats certainly do look more comfortable. More support for the high lateral g-forces we Series folk experience while drifting and street racing. 🤣

I've no idea as to the relative level of quality either company may offer but the Heritage seats certainly do look more comfortable. More support for the high lateral g-forces we Series folk experience while drifting and street racing. 🤣
Mine are originals, recovered once, hard as hell stiff black vinyl. Perfect for summer burns on the back of the thighs in summer, I don't think the side bolsters would work, as I tend to slide in and out, spend so much time opening and closing farm gates, ease of access is probably more important than combating the above mentioned lateral G's 🤣

Mine are originals, recovered once, hard as hell stiff black vinyl. Perfect for summer burns on the back of the thighs in summer, I don't think the side bolsters would work, as I tend to slide in and out, spend so much time opening and closing farm gates, ease of access is probably more important than combating the above mentioned lateral G's 🤣
I hadn't thought of the getting in and out thing. That's a good point.

experience with Heritage-1948 seats
Heritage seats certainly do look more comfortable
is there some link up with Exmoor trim?
Spoke today to H1948 and the gist of it is that the two companies are not related and the locations are coincidental. The H1948 seat is true to an original seat and that is why it has more bolster padding, which does take slightly more construction work. They were complimentary about Exmoor and having assessed the flatter Exmoor seats some years ago, understood the reason: the flatter are easier to make on the Exmoor production line.

I did not mention Britpart. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom