• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Series 11A front seats and respective mounts

Petee

In Second Gear
Can any body advise me on what the original front seats and hardware looked like for a series 11A. Mines had them replaced by a pair of Rover car cloth seats that are now very tatty. Advice on the best place to purchase items would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

The seat bases, backs, and base frames are on this page.

Basic seat bases is what it would have had, but they would have been much better quality than those above. If you're into spending money, have a look for "Exmoor Trim".

Welcome to the forum!

The seat bases, backs, and base frames are on this page.

Basic seat bases is what it would have had, but they would have been much better quality than those above. If you're into spending money, have a look for "Exmoor Trim".
Thanks Big sandy, will have a look see.

original front seats and hardware
The Paddock link doesn't include the seat rails that screw to the seat box, onto which the seat frames are fixed, and into which the seats sit.

Rails are either adjustable or non-adjustable, depending if you choose standard or de-luxe seats. I'm on a patient journey to replace my bench seat and aim to source secondhand adjustable rails and frames; so far, I have rails for the two outer seats.

Repro frames lack the two rear stop points which carry a rubber bung. Non-adjustable rails have a stop tag on each front end.

S3 Optional Parts book includes S2a de-luxe spec. at 2F10. Will post details tomorrow; if you're going for standard seats, best consult the S2A parts book. Whatever you choose, beware of cheap seats.

i brought a set of seats from Craddocks thy look ok but move around on the bases as no fixings, i should have looked at all the options first, Exmore trim is the way to go if your budget stretches that far

i brought a set of seats from Craddocks thy look ok but move around on the bases as no fixings, i should have looked at all the options first, Exmore trim is the way to go if your budget stretches that far
Sometimes your budget has to stretch further than some of these suppliers lead you to believe. You think you can get away with something a bit cheaper but in the end you buy the junk and then the proper stuff and yes... you've spent double. It can be a hard lesson. I know because I'm continually learning it myself... šŸ˜

what the original front seats and hardware looked like for a series 11A.
Parts book details; excuse the tea stains.

20240408_100652.jpg
20240408_101125.jpg

I trust that Series G will not object if I copy a photo from his excellent S2A restoration thread; outer rails have the adjusters, centre rails do not; well worth reading, and you will find plenty more useful photos.

Seat frames 2.jpg

Parts book details; excuse the tea stains.

View attachment 528088View attachment 528089

I trust that Series G will not object if I copy a photo from his excellent S2A restoration thread; outer rails have the adjusters, centre rails do not; well worth reading, and you will find plenty more useful photos.

View attachment 528090
This is excellent and exactly what I have been looking for, thanks a lot. Now I just have to source the mounting hardware & rails, Best regards Peter

Yes, that was me
The fixings are easy to find but you may prefer to use sherardised or SS. Get sherardised from Tony at LR Fasteners or Rob Maude at LROE. I had a chat with Tony a while ago and he told me that sherardised was standard on the S2.

If you want SS, use the parts numbers listed above and ID the spec. against LR suppliers' descriptions; places like Spalding, Westfield or Margnor are good for SS; use moly or nickel grease to prevent galling.

Rivnuts are an alternative for the non-purist who may take the seatbox apart regularly. You'll need the tool, but it will save fiddling with nuts & washers. Dale Reubin did just that (about a mjnute in).

The seat stop bracket .. rover 331818.. what on the cushion base goes up against this stop bracket....?? please.. the seat cushion steel bottom is too wide to fit between the runners fixed to the seat base .. the seat base sits on the runners .. and i know there is a leather strap fixed onto the front of the cushion base .. but am confused as to how the seat cushion and the seat stop bracket works ... i can see that some thing could screw into the seat cushion base .. hence the spire nut fitting on the front corners ... but as to what .. i can not figure out .. help is needed please .. and boy do i need help..:rofl:

Mine had a bit of L section screwed to the seat base to butt up against the little stop tabs.
The strap then made sure the front of the seat couldn't 'jump' over it.
yes that was what i thought .. but am damned if i can find a part number as such .. if i can not find a part number . i will make a bracket .. and maybe a rubber block to fit on the seat cushion base .. thanks for the reply...

Back
Top Bottom