• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Show us yer Freelander

IMG_3880.JPG

Just got this over the weekend. My first every Freelander and 1st post to the forum!..
Freelander 1.jpg

Attachments

• freelander 2.jpg
    freelander 2.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 31
  • freelander 3.jpg
    freelander 3.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 25
  • freelander 4.jpg
    freelander 4.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 25
  • freelander 5.jpg
    freelander 5.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 26
  • freelander 6.jpg
    freelander 6.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 29
  • freelander 8.jpg
    freelander 8.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
This is mine, a great motor, apart from the whining fuel sender.
Just changed mine in the van for a new one this is now sounding louder where as the same Bosch one in the car is quiet so might have to order another and send this one back as normally a noisy one is a sign it's on it's way out. Enjoy the Hippo
Picture of the Van

Attachments

• PXL_20220813_121940773.jpg
    PXL_20220813_121940773.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 35
  • PXL_20220813_121659190.jpg
    PXL_20220813_121659190.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 49
Thanks all. Autoglym Headlamp Restoration kit.
Quite pleased myself too.
A question though, relating to the pic with the fuel filter in. There’s the filter I replaced on the left with its black caps still on, what I assume it the fuel pump in the middle, but what is that squat cylinder on the right?
Reason I ask is that I can hear it (the pump ) and I read in another thread that it could be a sign it’s on its way out, so given that I’ve just replaced all filters and fluids should I be planning that replacement too. I’ve no service history and it’s just done 148k.

Thanks all. Autoglym Headlamp Restoration kit.
Quite pleased myself too.
A question though, relating to the pic with the fuel filter in. There’s the filter I replaced on the left with its black caps still on, what I assume it the fuel pump in the middle, but what is that squat cylinder on the right?
Reason I ask is that I can hear it (the pump ) and I read in another thread that it could be a sign it’s on its way out, so given that I’ve just replaced all filters and fluids should I be planning that replacement too. I’ve no service history and it’s just done 148k.

I am going to say fuel sedimentor, but don't quote me on it.

Looks like a Freelander 1 face lift. Is it a TD4? My Freelander 2 TD4 does not have those bits. 148k miles is just about broken in. When was the timing belt last done?

Cheers Geobloke,
Fuel sedimenter? I’ll Google it. As for the timing belt no idea….:( Auxiliary belt, tensioner and AirCon belt two weeks ago. Better budget for it doing….

Back
Top Bottom