• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Switching headlights for EU

dicko92

In Second Gear
Hi i live in France and have to change my headlights on a 2013 freelander 2 TD4 GS. According to the handbook there is a switch to convert them but I have been unable to find it.
Anyone got any ideas please

It depends if you have xenon or halogen lights. Xenon's have alever inside the lamp behind the cover that convert the beam to a flat beam, halogens require those stick on thingies.

Hi I have a 2013 freelander 2 HSE UK model rhd model driving in Spain.
Took it for the ITV (mot)
and it failed through headlamps, but I under stood the headlamps automatically change to suit lhd there is no manual adjustment.
any ideas please!
Richard

Regarding 'automatic' headlamps. the Book has this to say:-

The bi-function HID headlamps and the AFS headlamps use a projector unit with a D1S xenon bulb which operates in both
low and high beam. An additional halogen high beam only reflector is located on the inboard side of the headlamp.
Headlamp leveling is automatic on the HID headlamps. Front and rear height sensors are located on the Left Hand (LH)
side of the front and rear axles. These measure the vehicle attitude and a headlamp leveling module, which is located on
the bulkhead 'A' pillar behind the glovebox, automatically controls the headlamp vertical alignment.
(my emboldening)
AFS is Adaptive Front lighting System and is only available on certain models (presumably HSE) and ONLY controls the VERTICAL alignment, not Left-to-Right (or Driver-to-Passenger in US parlance).

This is maybe the confusion.

Since the vehicle is Right Hand Drive, I believe you would need to obtain some 'masking' stickers to put on the headlamps.
Something like :-

Hope this helps.

The car can measure the up and down and correct, but it won't know its in Spain unless you tell it or its smart enough to read the GPS :lol:

Back
Top Bottom