• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Talbot Express Camper

I'm struggling at the moment to remove the engine from my camper to do the engine mounts, manifolds and clutch.
Compared to this the 109 was a walk in the park.
No room to get to anything without having the front end jacked right up in the air on axle stands and ramps and you can't take off the drive shafts with it sitting on ramps.....

It's got to come out from the top I'll post a pic when I go back to it later.
Got to fix the firebox in the range first the bricks fell out yesterday and had to wait for it to cool down...too bloody cold not to have the heating on.

Last edited:
Fire bricks cemented in again so back to this now.

20240131_095945.jpg

I've never worked on one of those, but on lots of front wheel drive motors it's easy enough to drop the whole engine, transmission and subframe including wheels etc out from below leaving you with loads of room to work on it. In fact, it's easier to undo all the fixings while it's all still on the ground and then just jack the body up till it's clear. David

The bumper mounts have rusted out both ends but other than that it has been well looked after. The exhaust manifold was the thing the engine had to come out for but as its now on the bench it makes sense to do all the rubber mounts , clutch, ball joints and bushes.....I don't particularly want to be doing this again.
The calipers look pretty rusty but they seem to work ok so I'll see what the mot has to say about them later in the year.

Back
Top Bottom