• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Tap size

JayHoe

Extreme Landy Fan
Hi,

can anyone tell me the correct tap size for the four holes on the bottom of the front cross member for mounting the steering relay please.

Thanks

John

Parts book shows 2 options... NRC2852 and 544337, described as 'special bolt'. No thread size unfortunately. Dont have any to hand at the moment, or I would measure them for you..sorry.:(

Hi CCK,

excuse me being dense, but my tap & die set doesn't mention tpi! So is 1/4" American UNF the right one? It also states for that size, Pitch 0.907mm core 6.2mm and tapping drill 5.5mm.

TIA!

John (who hasn't tapped or died since metalwork in school...30 years ago :eek:)

Hi CCK,

excuse me being dense, but my tap & die set doesn't mention tpi! So is 1/4" American UNF the right one? It also states for that size, Pitch 0.907mm core 6.2mm and tapping drill 5.5mm.

TIA!

John (who hasn't tapped or died since metalwork in school...30 years ago :eek:)

UNF isn't American.. They've stayed faithful and continued to use it today, unlike the metric converts over here.. BSP is still alive and well, but for how long??

Back
Top Bottom