• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Tool Reviews - well you know Christmas is coming!

Many thks and indeed will review of what those spanner’s are like

plus 1 to the us pro and bergen as also buy there tools , along with a Halford advanced tools which I also find good value for money

some other makes I like are fluke , UNI - T , trotec and ex tech, cordless tools have gone over to milwaukee

Meant to add for my plumbing / heating tools , used monument , ridgid tools , particularly for stilsons or ,threading machines along with Ox and rothenburger

interesting to see that many plumbers/ heating engineers now use copper press fittings would have been very useful particularly in confined areas , ie lofts etc, saying that in the 30+ years I was a heating engineer I never caught any property on fire

was shocked to see the price of the machines for those fittings, many starting from £1500 upwards, along with of course cost of the actual fittings ,

Last edited:
yes there seems to less people using soldered fittings when i to work onsite [which is not so much in the last couple of years] i get told im a dinosaur for using a blowlamp and soldering copper fittings

We use it a various applications at work.
Some old houses are an absolute pain to pile up so running 50m with no joins on the long heating runs is much cheaper and easier if it's boxed in.
Loft spaces not so good as mice can smell water and chew it...
and in floors ;)

It has it's uses as you say though normally I would not specify it.

Sure.
It's nice if you have to get under a bath etc but avoid the Hep2o and go grey poly plumb, their fittings have twis locks and metal grabbers in but don't test the join fittings with fingers and do them up 😮😥
As long as you have your box of Elastaplast's you should be fine, unless you find someone on site who faints at the sight of blood of course !!

Talking of plastic pipe / fittings etc did find a range of quality from rubbish to good , would only use uponor on the UFH systems and speed fit

indeed nice being able to do long runs without any joins in plastic then used copper pipe for boiler connections and rad tails , neatness of copper pipe neatly clipped

useto see some connect plastic pipes directly to the boiler , DOH

The goto plastic pipe in Ireland is this Qualpex system. Strangely enough, Ireland has been in the EU for years and has been metricated for a long time (Road speeds in KPH and distances in kilometres) but all the plumbing here is in Imperial ! The fittings are brass and are push fit, they have a built in collar that can be compressed to release the pipe, if required. The pipe end is supported with an internal collar that is inserted before assembly. I've used this since 2003 and I've not seen one joint leak....ever.
Here's some pics of the fittings that I dug out of my spares box.
IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

Back
Top Bottom