• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Trickle Charge.

Ctek or Noco charger, a proper solar panel (i.e. output higher than 12.6VDC) or find ways of using it more. Don't go for a 'cheaper than chips' chinesium chargers, they are not always properly regulated and have been known to cause problems for insurance co's.....

Ctek or Noco charger, a proper solar panel (i.e. output higher than 12.6VDC) or find ways of using it more. Don't go for a 'cheaper than chips' chinesium chargers, they are not always properly regulated and have been known to cause problems for insurance co's.....
Thanks đź‘Ť

My campervan stands unused for a few weeks at a time in the winter months .

I have a (allegedly) 200w solar panel and cheap controller and it keeps the starter and leisure battery topped up enough .

12v planet have some useful solar how to on their website (which are free)

I had a 20W solar panel with integrated MPPT controller wedged between the sunroof & blind in my L322, it 'maintained' the battery quite well - as an experiment I didn't use it for a week in winter and after four days I was back to voltage dips and 'special programs not available' when starting. The advantage was that it worked whenever the vehicle was parked and didn't need to be connected / disconnected, but (because of it's output limitation) it didn't actually improve the charge level in the same way a compact mains connected charger would. A 200W array could improve the charge level but would be significantly larger.

Back
Top Bottom