• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Wanted Volvo estate 740 940

Sorry not landy related.

We're after an old Volvo estate to use an additional family car. Happy to pay upto acouple of grand for the right car. Don't mind if it will need work for it's next MOT. Though will need to drive it home.

Ideally a 240 740 or 940. We're based on Exmoor but can travel for the right vehicle.

The 90 and golf is suddenly small when you have a baby.

Kind regards

Steven Price

Sorry not landy related.

We're after an old Volvo estate to use an additional family car. Happy to pay upto acouple of grand for the right car. Don't mind if it will need work for it's next MOT. Though will need to drive it home.

Ideally a 240 740 or 940. We're based on Exmoor but can travel for the right vehicle.

The 90 and golf is suddenly small when you have a baby.

Kind regards

Steven Price
Yep . The stuff you have to take with a little one is surprising !! Especially if you’re away overnight and travel cot , nappies , wipes bottles , food , warmer , snacks if weaning etc etc . I remember those trips when the boy was younger .
Now it’s lego , scooter and a bike 🤣🤣

sorry cant help with a car ,but i used to drive 7 and 9 series brillent cars ,red engines ,4 cy 2.3 turbo , 300hundred thousand miles easy ,all used as vans, rear wheel drive ,bodys stronger than landrovers never let me down ,cam belt 1 hour or so , get in to the engine bay to do it ,copper brake pipes from the factory ,used to keep all the old ones,for spairs and as wood sheds ,a few years ago when scrap price was high they all went ,they are getting a bit scase now and some s/h parts not advabile ,due to high scrap price a few yrs ago ,the 240s arnt any way near as nice to drive as the 7 and 9 s ,and personly dont think they were as well built as 7/9 series ,had a few 240 and v70 as well , prob more choice with a early v70 ,thou ffont whee drive ,and easyer spair s/h parts ,but they were not as well built as the 700/900 series ,good luck with your search

Love my late Dad's 850 ...

2.5 auto with 170 hp....

Thirsty BUT comfortable

20230113_141714.jpg
20230113_141828.jpg
20230121_121319.jpg

Thanks chaps. No real rush yet as the wife's off work for a year on maternity. Just getting the word out there.
Have a,look on your local Facebook Market place ...
They crop up on there now and again ...
Prices are rising though especially with the ones old enough to get classic insurance on ...
Our 850 was only a £25 admin fee to add it to our classic fleet policy ...
Fully comp/unlimited mileage/agreed value/continental cover/Commuting etc etc

There's a nice 1991 740 estate at Knighton on Car & Classic for £2500 at the moment, but finding a car less than that is going to be tricky as they are becoming increasingly desirable and prices are rising accordingly - 240s easily fetch £10k these days if they're in good nick.

Have a,look on your local Facebook Market place ...
They crop up on there now and again ...
Prices are rising though especially with the ones old enough to get classic insurance on ...
Our 850 was only a £25 admin fee to add it to our classic fleet policy ...
Fully comp/unlimited mileage/agreed value/continental cover/Commuting etc etc

Thanks I did expand my search to the 850s but they're dearer again these days 🤣 I really don't think it's meant to be.

There's a nice 1991 740 estate at Knighton on Car & Classic for £2500 at the moment, but finding a car less than that is going to be tricky as they are becoming increasingly desirable and prices are rising accordingly - 240s easily fetch £10k these days if they're in good nick.

Thanks. Yes iv really missed the boat on the cheap ones. Going to try and save like mad till I can find one.

Yes we've considered other cars. But think it's worth waiting for a Volvo to become available. Especially as we both love then. Also nice to have a modern classic.

We have a golf anyway so no real rush. One has popped up locally on eBay so will see.

Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom