• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

UK Wading series landrover

For me, the next highest points that I now worry about getting water inside are the headlamps (Wipac Crystal with removable bulbs) and splashing into the oil filler cap / breather.
And of course a good wash after each day I've been in waterbto keep the chassis clean and not bunged up with mud. I'm less bothered about the rest of the electrics, then corrode more from general damp than wading itself.

For me, the next highest points that I now worry about getting water inside are the headlamps (Wipac Crystal with removable bulbs) and splashing into the oil filler cap / breather.
And of course a good wash after each day I've been in waterbto keep the chassis clean and not bunged up with mud. I'm less bothered about the rest of the electrics, then corrode more from general damp than wading itself.
I never even considered headlights getting water in which sounds silly of me not too. And yeah a good clean inside and out

I used to wade a lot years ago especially in my lightweight it was great but learned that it may look spectacular and fun and the thing to do ,but does more harm than anything.especially brakes and headlights.electrics ..used to give a good spray of wd40 when venturing out ..and a good rad cover when going through deep water .

I certainly try and avoid wading however like to be prepared on the off chance I have to wade. Especially a year so wet most tracks are flooded

Back
Top Bottom