• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Which window wipers are you using ..what’s good and those to avoid .

Paul d

Posting Guru
I noticed when I ran the Land Rover around to the mechanic last week my window wiper is barely hanging on .the rubber is split “have to be careful with a split rubber” 🤣. think I replaced them a couple of years back ..haven’t really used them much but time to order new ones ..what are you guys using please ..👍

Best of luck with that, I thought I'd just get the cheap BP ones didn't fit the arms for whatever reason, so bought the lucas ones didn't fit the arms, so I'm now down about 30 plus quid can't remember how it went around but bought some other brand which seemed to fit but got to work to find the nearside one gone, in the end I bought the whole lot arms as well and jobsza goojun but I ended up paying something like 60 plus quid, buy the whole lot mate and don't mess about

I noticed when I ran the Land Rover around to the mechanic last week my window wiper is barely hanging on .the rubber is split “have to be careful with a split rubber” 🤣. think I replaced them a couple of years back ..haven’t really used them much but time to order new ones ..what are you guys using please ..👍
got the blades from Halfords ...just followed their fitting guide and got the ones for the defender...dont recall any trouble fitting them:thumbsup:

I use the cheapest I can get when they fall apart I change them normally last about two years. I only change the one that needs replacing.

Isn’t everything getting expensive just looked at the price of these ..whatever happened to £10 a pair .

Plus 1 , however saw these the other day for 3 x aero twins at £30 which I don’t think is bad and they last around 2-3 x years

Also came across this web site which hopefully is useful

Bosch super plus, I managed to get set of 3 for around £13 on ebay, seem to perform very well and easy fit (apart from the rear which required spare wheel removal first!)

I buy cheap ones they last upto a year, pointless paying for bosch etc just a con. I got cheap ones from euro car parts,cost £4.46 thats for my 2014 van. I swapped the rubber blades into original bodies,so didn’t get ripped off with hyper expensive ones !
IMG_3492.jpeg

Bosch Aerotwin - fitted them to the camper van and was really impressed - work really well on the Defender too - absolutely recommend them
Aye, me too. I have them on the van...

It's quite handy to every so often soak a piece of kitchen towel in hdths, and wipe the blades clean. Makes them work like new.

I get a couple years out of a set.

Back
Top Bottom