• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Series 3 2.25 Petrol - Buzzing!

Got admit, I get a buzzing sound at 40mph. Can accelerate through it, and in 27 years of running the same vehicle, I've never traced it. Even to the extent of a full strip down.

Totally different to the cause in this thread, I'm sure, but sympathetic rattles are a thing.

Got admit, I get a buzzing sound at 40mph. Can accelerate through it, and in 27 years of running the same vehicle, I've never traced it. Even to the extent of a full strip down.

Totally different to the cause in this thread, I'm sure, but sympathetic rattles are a thing.
Wish I could accelerate through 40mph. Can probably only hear it now because I've slapped a bit of sound deadening on the bulkhead. Has taken the engine noise from dangerous to moderate.

Wish I could accelerate through 40mph.
Probably not the time to tell you I have had 60 out of it, eh?

I think my buzzing sound is the ballast resistor coil vibrating. But obviously can't check that. It doesn't do it when stationary!

Driving a series LR (especially a diesel) is like going to a Motorhead concert. An hour after you get out you can still hear the 'music'.

Probably not the time to tell you I have had 60 out of it, eh?

I think my buzzing sound is the ballast resistor coil vibrating. But obviously can't check that. It doesn't do it when stationary!

Driving a series LR (especially a diesel) is like going to a Motorhead concert. An hour after you get out you can still hear the 'music'.
I have seen 57 with foot on the floor on the flat. Wouldn't dare push it that far in normal use. Car vibrated today in low range around a multistorey so think it is just sympathetic noise. Love using low range around the car park, feels like driving a tank.

I also noticed some kind of buzz driving pedal to the metal on the Autobahn :)
IMG_8480.JPEG

Jokes aside... i dont believe in an electrical buzzing, because a relais which "buzzes" wil wear out fast.
Most likely some loose metal bolt or whatever is oround in a land rovers cavities :)

If you want to drive in silence, get a rolls i suggest :)

Thanks all folks. I managed to capture it on video but not sure if I can upload - I'll give it a try. I ended up dropping off the starter solenoid cable to the starter and hand cranking it get me home - some odd looks at the crossroads but it got me home. I've a new solenoid tested and I'll fit it when I get a chance - when taking the old one off I noticed it was quite loose against the chassis so not a great earth. Hmmm.

Attachments

• 20240425_144334.jpg
    20240425_144334.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom