• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

1994 Trial Land Rover Wolf

I can do a screen shot of the page with NSNs above & below yours showing that yours isn't listed & I'll do shot of the ERMs above & below yours where yours is listed but no other examples in nearby ERMs. I'll try to do it today.

Here you go. The area where your NSN should be, is missing your NSN & the search for Asset Code shows no entry for that code either.

Yours does appear in the MERLIN page but no others around it although I suspect CP42AA, CP44AA, CP45AA may be similar to yours just described as 'Misc Vehicle'. The space for a Contract No. just shows 'LP'. I wonder if that was LandRover Project?

CP NSN.jpg

CP Merlin.jpg

Those other LPs look to be similar to yours. Although now has spare on the side no longer on the rear.

View attachment 446026
Hi that's amazing, thank you, so recently the clutch has gone on it and I sent it to a garage to get it fixed and they said that the gearbox was filled with desert sand. I assume this means that it's been abroad somehow or somewhere, would you know anything about this?

Sorry no idea where it has been. But I expect there will be report somewhere under hot weather trials or similar.

I have the Wolf Trials Vehicle Operating Information dated March 1993. It is a Land Rover publication masquerading as an AESP. The two most obvious features that differ from production Wolf is the rear wheel on the tailgate & although they were all 24v, FFR versions had the large 90A alternator that was used in 12/24v FFR Defenders.

To accommodate this large alternator a raised area had to be moulded into the bonnet. This was later abandoned when the idea was introduced to have both alternators rated at 45A. One alternator for the vehicle & one alternator for the radio batteries could help each other out if the electrical demands in either circuit was too great for a single alternator.

The next Operating Information I have is November 1994. Again masquerading as an AESP with the reference 1990-S-3046-69/88 which does not conform to the structuring system of AESPs & was again a Land Rover publication not an Army publication.

Equipment Management Policy Directive No.552 Issue 1 Dated 20 Dec 1996 gives the in service date for TUL & TUM as March 1997 with a planned life of 15 years subject to review. The last I heard was that it had been extended to 2030.
Like this one?

Attachments

• A 300TDi mil LR.png
    A 300TDi mil LR.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 20
That one is in Thailand.
300TDi, FFR alternator and roll-hoop Dexion, but rigged with troop seats.
They had a similarly specced 90 for sale at the same time.
They wanted THB 2 million, so about £44,500.
Here's the lousy pic of the SV plate:

Attachments

• A Th 300TDi FFR SV plate.png
    A Th 300TDi FFR SV plate.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom