• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

2.5 n/a Engine swap to 200tdi or 300tdi Threads and opinions please

Good afternoon....

Boost fuel pin gives more power and takes about five minutes to install. It's the fuel pin on the top of the fuel injection pump and it is a different shape than standard. Remove four screws....unbolt the existing fuel pin (10mm spanner ) and mount the new one...screw back on et voila. A stainless pin won't pick up any goofy rust from water in fuel.

Thanks, looks like a brand new injector pump...or have you been polishing it?

I realised half way through your pics its left hand drive too, and I like the copper oil pipes that's my kind of rugged engineering :)

Very ice part of the world there too...ex pat?

Just a shiny pump . Yes LHD ...it’s quite a close fit to the steering column with the turbo hose biut all you do is cut the exposed threads of one of the uj bolts and it’ll clear the hose.A sharp tap to the upper corner of the footwell with a club hammer allows room for the turbo, although not absolutely necessary.

Yes ... an Ulsterman in France.

All the best

:)

I really cant remember if I had covered this anywhere...but last year I want ahead and bought a low mileage 200tdi Disco engine and had been sitting on it until the covid 19 outbreak...when all of a sudden I had a lot of time on my hands. So I stripped and overhauled the whole thing to find it really is a low mileage engine with no percievable wear at all. So over the last few weeks I have been meticulously building it back up as if it were a brand new engine, all the ancillaries, clutch, gaskets and seals...drilled out the clutch housing and put the modified bolts in, new clutch, new glow plugs, rebuilt injectors, new water pump, new timing belt and pulleys...I could go on lol. Anyways there were some milestone moments today...the head is back on and I needed to spin the engine to seat the re-lapped valves an then set the valve clearances...all went swimmingly until oil came gushing out of the oil feed for the turbo (which wasnt fitted LOL)...anyway a bit of mopping up and all was well. Hoping to fire the engine up on the bench on Sunday. Cant upload the email so I will try to find a way of attaching a link.

Attachments

• 20200717_184951.jpg
    20200717_184951.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20200516_180500.jpg
    20200516_180500.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200716_140623.jpg
    20200716_140623.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom