• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

2020 defender

This is the first view of the new defender I have seen out of camo.

Except it is still quite heavily disguised and from an angle which doesn't reveal very much

yeah still very much aloof. but it has had all the styrofoam camouflage removed so gives a good indication of the shapes/silhouette

See they are still being coy about things like the lights and Windows. Though it looks as though it has retained the hump in the bonnet, which I do not think improved the appearance of the original.

It may look better on steels and higher profile tyres.
I know it's a pre production but why the red brake calipers in a model supposed to be at least a little more utilitarian than a Range Rover Sport.

You never know, it could be the first Defender that I could use for work all suited and booted :)
I'm not writing it off just yet...

One wish....galvanised trim / cappings :)

alloy and grit magazine did a simulation of it in the +2 offroad setting and it had almost the same approach/departure angles as an original 110

food for thought !

since that tusk picture it seems to have gained some side rub strips, bit like our capping but on the hips of the bodywork (those hips themselves are obviously an old defender design cue)

Notice the very clear gutters above the doors, front to rear. Clearly intended for some traditional purpose perhaps.............. ;) :D

Maybe even to keep raindrops from falling on my head.......

There's something odd about the rear door assuming it's a 4 door LWB? To me it looks like a 2 door camouflaged to be a 4 door, or is it just perspective and the disruptive camo?
Untitled.png

Rumours that jlr are heading for a buyout by french company that owns pugrot...

It is interesting, and likely, that in the future we will only have a few car manufacturers with a large portfolio of brands...

We might for instance see the reintroduction of Morris Commercials, they are looking at bringing back the old J Type Van in electric form, with the Maxus van filling the larger van sizes. (Maxus is still been made and sold across the world, just not here really and in some places still with the old LDV name!) mind they have already made an MG version of the Maxus van!! so who knows who might own Land Rover tomorrow... and what cars the land Rover name will end up on if this is anything to go by.

MG van.jpg

Back
Top Bottom