• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

3 link front suspension

Hey Andy
have you got diff locks in that monster of yours are you aloud to use them on a twist off.
I've just had some new brake lines made up due to the travel on the axles i'm runnung 14" pro comps all round and have 38" of travel on the front and 40" ish on the rear.
But i'm still thinking of puttig coil overs all round and rose jointing the rear axle.
as for the props well there just eating uj's any ideas?
Ian

Hi Ian,

No, not running any lockers. The setup on my truck at present is based on 12" dampers as it balances exceptionally well with a 2" lift and does not need high angle props etc. With this fitted the vehicle has 20" of front & 22" of rear articulation (dependent upon parts fitted). We feel that this gives an excellent performance improvement over standard whilst maintaining every day use-ability.

If you want high angle props have a chat to Nigel at Gon2Far on (07812717550) he'll sort you out, we do a range of styles as shown on the G2F website.

With regards to the rear setup I have new parts under development. If you hang on for a little while, I'm working on some nice ultra-lite rear arms and 'A' frame arms. Both will be rose jointed for 'extra flex'. I should have these sorted in a couple of months time.

Cheers,

thanks Andy keep me informed on the rear set up and we'll show the Scorpion boys what articulation is ha ha har
I'm also looking at a anti roll bar for the front with disconnects will let you know how I get on
Ian

Hi,

Have a look at the 'anti-rock' kit from Currie, it's a torsion bar system similar to thay used on single seat racing cars.

Cheers,

i'v just noticed the front radius arms on the vehicle in the last link

very interesting / unusual

what do you guys (andy) think

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 142
sorry forgot to add these

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg