• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

An important forum poll, please take part.

I voted for £5/mo but, after reading some of the other comments, I prefer the option to pay what I can when I can. Basically, as it is now.

Promoting the running total of donations and benefits would be useful.

I didn't know about the Adrian Flux discount either. But that could be down to me, as I've only recently 'discovered' some of the other forums. :rolleyes:

voted for £5/mo but, after reading some of the other comments, I prefer the option to pay what I can when I can. Basically, as it is now.
I understand that sentiment and financially it would suit me better to pay when I can but :

As it is now isn’t working as prices rise and continuing without annoying adverts or some allegiance to suppliers to finance the forum is preferred.

I don’t always keep track of when I payed last and time does fly by.

I didn’t really understand how much the forum costs but do take it for granted that it’s always there .

Life overtakes me and I just forget to pay a donation.

There are many competing pressures for my limited funds

However when I slow down in the evenings I like to read the forum.

OR

When my latest Landy related curve ball happens it’s really good to be able to reach out and ask for help / advice .

As I understand it Sandy isn’t asking anyone to sign up to guaranteeing to pay a monthly / annual payment or no access . Rather it is options we can all take to support the forum to continue in its current form .

I don’t always keep track of when I payed last and time does fly by.

I didn’t really understand how much the forum costs but do take it for granted that it’s always there .
and....
Promoting the running total of donations and benefits would be useful.
Seem to be the biggest things aside from how willing anyone in particular is to give £X.

Maybe all we need is the monthy target on the main page (all sub forum pages too?) and the issue of cash might not even be one?

I certainly will offering up my site donor once again, as it has been about 1 year. I have also have learned a great deal and benefited so much from the knowledge of the contributors here. Thank you All, and the administration for your continued efforts on this site.
Residing in the US, I purchase many parts from the UK, as even with shipping it is more cost effective. In the last year the purchases have totaled over $5000 us.
Many of these purchases have been ordered as a result of advice I gained here.
Perhaps some of the big dealers of parts, could contribute to the site without mucking it up with advertising, as they are reaping the benefits of advice from the experts who frequent this site.
I have had excellent customer service and shipping with a firm located in Derbyshire.
If push comes to shove I will gladly up 5 a month to keep the site alive.

Last edited:
52 voters … 108,000 members; out of interest, do we have stats on how many ’active’ members there are on this forum (eg, active in the past year)?

I am overdue a donation, which I’ll do shortly, and my preference would be the annual donation - I only use this forum for satisfying my series ‘itch’ (ie, I do not use any other LR forum for series questions/help/entertainment), but don’t use it for satisfying my Range Rover Sport ‘itch’, as there are other forums out there that are a better resource for the endless RR troubleshooting requirements! So, when I’m in ‘series mode’, then I’m here a lot, but when there are other things going on, a trawl of the forum doesn’t always make it to the top of the list.

52 voters … 108,000 members; out of interest, do we have stats on how many ’active’ members there are on this forum (eg, active in the past year)?

I am overdue a donation, which I’ll do shortly, and my preference would be the annual donation - I only use this forum for satisfying my series ‘itch’ (ie, I do not use any other LR forum for series questions/help/entertainment), but don’t use it for satisfying my Range Rover Sport ‘itch’, as there are other forums out there that are a better resource for the endless RR troubleshooting requirements! So, when I’m in ‘series mode’, then I’m here a lot, but when there are other things going on, a trawl of the forum doesn’t always make it to the top of the list.

In the last 12 months there were approx 8000 active registered members, a portion of those never post or participate, they just view.

Back
Top Bottom