• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Any Thoughts on Engine Problem

Checking under rocker cover would be my suggestion. Bent or stuck valves and you will see it. Also some rockers will bend or crack if there is a major problem so the valves will stay up, and nowhere for the exhaust to go, so needs checking really.

I cant remember the details, but there was a fair bit of discussion on buying and using compression testers in the past. Have a search.
As I recall, some people had bought the test sets but there was no adapter to fit the engine (usually connect to the glow plug holes on a diesel).
Just check what fittings (adapter thread) you need before ordering. Maybe easier with a non-landy motor..?

I cant remember the details, but there was a fair bit of discussion on buying and using compression testers in the past. Have a search.
As I recall, some people had bought the test sets but there was no adapter to fit the engine (usually connect to the glow plug holes on a diesel).
Just check what fittings (adapter thread) you need before ordering. Maybe easier with a non-landy motor..?
Im sure one of them will fit either glow plug or Injector on my engine.

Back
Top Bottom