• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Anyone thinking about going electric ?

The worst of it I was an industrial electrician by trade and never found time to rewire my own house.
At 71 I am to old to do it myself and cannot be bothered with all the mess involved if I paid someone to rewire.
Might just have to move house.
The wiring in my house is a mess, there's a socket in the OH's bedroom that's wired into the lighting circuit and the light in my bedroom is connected up with 10mm cable that's trimmed so one strand of each goes into the pendant. The cable coming from the poley is old fabric covered aluminium and the icicles fall off it in the winter when the immersion is switched on, let alone the shower.

I've got to admit that a couple of years ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of asking a question like this.
The whole idea of ditching my internal combustion engine for a giant version of a kids toy seemed absolutely abhorrent to me.
However, time creeps forward, and I might just live long enough to see the end of fossil fueled vehicles.
So now I'm getting around to thinking why not adapt my Series 2A to electric power ?
After all they are among the most adaptable vehicles in the world, and their simple mechano like construction should make things much easier than with modern monocoque vehicles.
So where the hell do I start ?
Where do I start aquiring a working knowledge of the new technology.
I'm an old school grease monkey and something of a technophobe TBH.
I know that you can buy "crate motors" for custom cars.
Is anyone offering something similar for electric conversions yet ?

Attachments

• 3D7CDD10-B59C-4B6D-94DD-81B5ADDDB83D.jpeg
    3D7CDD10-B59C-4B6D-94DD-81B5ADDDB83D.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 19
I've had a few quids worth of shares in a couple of Hydrogen tech related companies for a while, they fell off a cliff when dear Lizzie Truss tried her little economic experiment, but they are slowly pulling back a bit at the moment, so hopefully that is a sign of positive things to come.. The companies are ITM.L and CWR.L just in case anyone else fancies losing there life savings :)

I can see why in Italy, mountains, remote, cold weather and a weak grid. They will be nowhere near ready for EV.
Look at VW - quietly walking away from all their EV investment and back into IC. $BN EV factory "delayed indefinitly"

Back
Top Bottom