• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

britpart quality

I have just been doing some work on my 300tdi disco, engine belts and swivel hubs mostly. Anyway my big box of bits from paddocks had some blue boxes in it, I noticed on some that on the lable with BritPart and the part number that after that it said OEM- thats as good as genuine LR.
I placed my order over the phone with Paddocks and explianed to them that I wanted Genuine or OEM parts where possible.
I have now bought the proper landrover parts book for my Series and my disco so I can search for decent parts when shopping.

This is a fine idealistic thought but ultimately wasted. If you are really that concerned about the quality of your replacement part then you can go direct to land rover at Solihull and they will make an original part for you, however old-1948 onward, there really is a section of the factory (small) put aside for this, but you have to pay a price for it. It is an original part, made from the original design sheets, that made the original steel chassis, that didn't worry about rust....mmm! Britpart chassis-£1000, Original chassis-£5000....waxoil?-priceless!!
Britpart buy in their chassis' from people like GKN Sankey and Marsland I think, so I would not have an issue with buying a part like that from Britpart.

Was it not mentioned that a Britpart chassis was a lot lighter than Marsland or Richards?

It could be a lighter gauge steel?

I have now bought the proper landrover parts book for my Series and my disco so I can search for decent parts when shopping.

Even with parts book you can be sent anything unless you speak on phone beforehand.

The thing with the parts book is that britpart offer some stuff as a 'kit' of parts. At least if you can look up exactly what you need and order genuine or OEM parts from the manufacturers part numbers you stand a fighting chance!

Armed with the parts book I have been ordering fro LRDirect. You type in the part number and they give you a choice of Britpart, Allmakes, Bearmach and genuine Land Rover. Based on what is available.
I bought from Paddock and delivery was good but they don't have as much choice as LRDirect. The same with J Craddock, I placed an order with them early Dec, still waiting for delivery.
I will be interested to see how LRDirect deliver. I have just put in an order for parts from them.

I use LRDirect too.. I dont care if its a few pence more on the odd item.. the service is great and you can make an educated decision on each item, clearly seeing the cost difference from LR branded to mid range to Britpart.

I use LRDirect too.. I dont care if its a few pence more on the odd item.. the service is great and you can make an educated decision on each item, clearly seeing the cost difference from LR branded to mid range to Britpart.

+1........

So far I have found Paddocks to be excellent and prompt at communication and delivery, and their shipping costs to North America are certainly reasonable. No complaints about DLS on eBay either, although obviously they have a very limited range available at any one time.

Back
Top Bottom