• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Buying an approved used......................

seadog

In Third Gear
Hi
I want to return to LandRover after a few years with a totally reliable Xtrail which followed two Discos and now fancy a Freelander.

When I bought my last Disco, my local dealer sourced it from elsewhere in the country (I don't know if it was in another dealers or LandRover general stock if they had such a thing), transported it up and I effectively bought it from him - after I had viewed the car to make sure it was ok. Basically I agreed to buy the vehicle as long as it was all ok, such as no damage etc. etc.

After doing research I reckon that I want either a 2.2 SD4 HSE or Metropolis, but there are none in any dealers within 75 miles of me, the nearest is 150+ miles away, does anyone know if I like a vehicle that is in stock in, say a Kent dealership whether my local dealer (Durham/Tyneside) can/will get it sent up so I can view and buy it?

Surely the easiest way to get an answer to that question is to ask your local dealer. Just bear in mind that you will be dealing with two dealers who will each want their wage out of it.

Yes, I intend(ed) to ask, but only thought of it after they closed for the day this evening, so thought that by asking on here someone who might have experience of it could tell me yes or no.(OK call me impatient!!) I will give my local dealer a ring in the morning.

From what I understand if it's on LR approved vehicle site then it can be delivered to any approved LR dealer

Back
Top Bottom