• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Can anyone identify this expedition?

Steyn

Accelerating Away
I've tried Google photo search, googling "Eurasian Expedition" (which Google apparent;y translates as strictly meaning "Last Overland" grrrr), with no result whatsoever. Can anyone identify this expedition? The signage is in English, but any British expedition surely would have started on British soil, so everything else suggests French, not the least being the Parisian setting. Anyone got any ideas? It's certainly well-outfitted.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 193554.jpg

It's terrific, isn't it? When I advertise for things, like a distributor (or an engine!), almost every response I get is from a scammer. I ask for photos, and then I reverse-search the ones they send. Every time, they're images downloaded from vendor sites on the internet. The most hilarious was when someone sent me one of my own photos, from a different ad two years before!

I looked up the registration numbers and neither of the vehicles is on record in the UK.
They definitely look like factory registrations.
I know Oxford/Cambridge did more than one expedition.

It's not in this list, but interesting to read all the same

Until I started looking at expeditions, trying to find this particular one, I didn't know that Bristol university did an expedition in Austin Gypsies and another uni did one in an Austin K9 box body vehicle

interesting that one has snow chains fitted to the 2 spare wheels whilst the other doesn't and I am trying to work out what the circular thing is above the winch on 1960.
It has got a vice on the front bumper and possibly something on top of the right hand wing, though that might be something the fella is holding. Also looks like it has a radiator muff fitted
Interesting position for the wing mirror on 2858 as well, fitted to the sun visor

Well done! So could it be that one has "Expedition Eurasie" and the other "Eurasie Expedition"? This would suggest a joint French UK venture?

interesting that one has snow chains fitted to the 2 spare wheels whilst the other doesn't and I am trying to work out what the circular thing is above the winch on 1960.
It has got a vice on the front bumper and possibly something on top of the right hand wing, though that might be something the fella is holding. Also looks like it has a radiator muff fitted
Interesting position for the wing mirror on 2858 as well, fitted to the sun visor
God your eyes are good šŸ˜³

Back
Top Bottom